Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some weird issues with paypal

Some weird issues with paypal

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

My Question or Issue

I've been using premium spotify, I don't know quite long and paid it always with paypal. But now application and the account site informs me that there were problems with payment.

However from paypal site I can see that payment is there but is at (Pending Authorization) state. I have money on account, and all others services are accepting the payments fine.

From paypal:

This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Spotify Finance Limited completes your order.

I was thinking at trying to update payment metthod again with paypal, but I fear for double payment. Is there some ongoing issue with paypal and should I just wait it to solve itself or do something else?

5 Replies

Hey @ontelo, help's arrived!

Are you able to use your Premium features as this is happening? 

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the exact same issue, and it tells me if I dont pay, I will not be able to use premium features anymore. Last couple of weeks, it was the issue with "you have found a premium feature, now subscribe" and now this. I am getting tired.

I tried to updatze Paypal details, but it wants to charge me right away. I have just paid 3 days ago, I will not pay again, just to make sure Spotify has my info, which they have for a long time. unacceptable

For now. But the notification says that i should update my payment method ASAP to not to lose the features.

Just wanted to mention that nothing has changed from my point of view. Paypal has been my method of payment from the start.

Same account, same creditcard etc. This is first time I encounter any problems.

for me, now they charged it again, so it is now the second or third payment this month towards Spotify, I am going to unsub, but then I will lose 3 months worth of subscription.. bonkers

Hey @mobildeck and @ontelo.

Are you around or at your renewal date (date to be charged)? You can find that info on your account page. Also, check the Receipts page while you're in your account page if everything looks in order.

Then, please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing (please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community). I'll do my very best to help you as much as I can, but that this should be taken with PayPal as well. 

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts