Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Premium using VPN

Spotify Premium using VPN

Hi, I'm from India and I've been using Spotify through a VPN connected to USA for some time now and I really enjoy their service. But now, I want the premium subscription but because of spotify launching in India in the middle of a dispute between Warner Music Group and Spotify, I cannot listen to artists like Ed Sheeran(my fav), Bruno Mars, Charlie Puth, Coldplay, etc.. So, can I purchase Spotify Premium from India while using a VPN connected to USA so that, I can listen to artists signed to WMG or Can I pay from India and then change the Country to USA on my account page using VPN.

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Moto E5 Plus

Operating System

Android 8

3 Replies

Hey @priyanshu1024, help's arrived!

You won't be able to purchase Premium under a VPN at the moment. I'd recommend getting started with Premium here

Since Spotify has also launched in India, you should be able to download the Spotify app and you'll be good to go!

I'll be right here if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the exact same question, so I was wondering if it is possible. I've purchased Spotify Premium from India, now is it possible to use a VPN and connect to the Spotify USA servers and continue with the same Indian subscription without any hassle? Help me out if you've got your answer.

After subscribing to Spotify Premium in India, can a VPN be used to connect and access the Spotify USA music catalogue?

Suggested posts