Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ended my Hulu subscription without notice

Spotify ended my Hulu subscription without notice

I have had Spotify Premium with Hulu (US) since March 2018

In June 2019 my bank merged with another bank and changed names, so brand new debit cards were sent out and I had to update my payment info. 

Because I updated my payment info Spotify decided they could just end my Hulu subscription without notice for no reason. 

This is the message I recieved from SpotifyCares :

"Thanks for sending that over! Taking a closer look backstage, it looks like your Premium + Hulu subscription was canceled when your payment card info was updated. We're afraid the Premium + Hulu offer ended on the 14th of May 2019, so it's not possible to resubscribe at this time."

What?!? Why was my account changed just because I got a new debit card? Do you cancel everyones Hulu when their credit cards expire?

How do I get my Hulu back or should I just cancel Spotify completly?  

7 Replies

Hey @ReadyorNot, thanks for the reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this.

You're not the only one with this issue, and Spotify is looking into it.

Since this offer is over, neither you or Spotify will be able to add Hulu back to your account. I'd recommend keeping an eye on Spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

If you're a student, you may be eligible for the student discount here, which included Hulu and SHOWTIME.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They just did the same thing to me. They took my payment at 7:37 this morning. In my email I got a notice from Hulu for the exact same time .at 7:37 this morning stating that they were going to miss me. The only thing I did was update a bad credit card. My card had expired. I got told there's nothing they can do about it. Because the promotion is over . Changing your credit card number or updating your payment information should not cancel  anything.  you got your money  now I want my service that I'm paying for.  I'm not paying for double you either fix the issue with your system or I'm leaving. You can have offered me all the free Spotify premium. you want after that stuff's up.I'm still leaving!!!!! And from the looks of all the complaints this is something that's been going on for a long time.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for not replying sooner!

If you haven't had this issue resolved yet, we suggest you reach out to our Customer Support team here.

They'll be able to take a closer look at your accounts and get to the bottom of what's happened.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Take care for now 🙂

Yeah okay I already did that. I got the same line of bull **bleep** that they've been giving everybody else with the same problem. We are sorry this promotion has ended hopefully in the future will be able to pay it back. There's nothing they can do and they don't care to fix their mistakes so I canceled my subscription and basically they can kiss my a**. I literally have six more days left of my premium that's it

Hello, Peter! Thanks for updating the community about this issue. It's really great to have a Spotify employee participate in the conversation here in the Community.

I am posting because I have further questions.

I have Premium with Hulu. (It is not the account that I am currently logged into for the Community. It is a different account. And it is not a student account.)

My credit card does not expire until 2023, so I currently have no problems with the billing. It renews automatically every month, and I am enjoying Premium with Hulu.

But I would like to switch the billing to a different credit card.

QUESTION: If I update my credit card on my Premium with Hulu subscription, will the Hulu promotion be terminated?

Please type YES or NO to answer my question.

Thanks, Peter!

Why haven't you answered my question, Peter??

Hey @KossB,

Thanks for your question!

You won't have any problems updating your payment method to a new one provided you click the white Update button at the bottom, and not the green Change or Cancel button at the top:

Note that pressing the green Change or Cancel button will cancel your Premium + Hulu subscription. Since the offer is now over, you won't be able to resubscribe to it.

For users who have already lost their Premium + Hulu subscription when updating their payment details due to a failed payment, there's an Ongoing Issue thread here where this is being investigated. We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Suggested posts