Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium charged twice, cannot identify the reason

Solved!

Spotify premium charged twice, cannot identify the reason

Hi!

I have been subscribing Spotify Premium for several years. In March 2018 I changed the payment option from my credit card to PayPal. On my Spotify account's receipt list the dates only back to March 2018 as well and the payments through PayPal is fine. So, it seems like my Spotify account is new as well, which shouldn't be true as I have used the very same e-mail account from the date when I first subscribed several years ago. I started to use facebook for login at some point last year but cannot identify the date.

At the same time, I have been continuing paying for Spotify through my "old credit card" invoice as well, as I used to before changing the payment method to PayPal. I only realized this today, so 9 months parallell invoices already. The dates for the receipts in credit card and PayPal are different, implying I would have 2 different accounts. 

PayPal is linked to yet another credit card and as said, that matches with my Spotify account and is fine. So problem is not on PayPal's side. 

So, my problem is, I am being charged twice for Spotify but now knowing why and don't know how to stop that. I have not created a new spotify account, my family is not using my credit card info for their accounts. I have ever used only my primary e-mail account with Spotify. Thanks for looking into this!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @KaisaI.

You're very welcome, and I hope your issue gets fixed. In the meantime, if you ever need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @KaisaI and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks Billy-J, 

I was desperately looking for this infor prior to posting here, but couldn't find it.

Many thanks! Kaisa

Marked as solution

Hey, @KaisaI.

You're very welcome, and I hope your issue gets fixed. In the meantime, if you ever need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts