Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to renew Premium Individual

Unable to renew Premium Individual

I've been a member for 2 years or so, the overwhelming majority of that time has been on a Premium Individual sub. I live in New Zealand and use the Spotify Android apps on my phones as well as the webapp on windows PCs. 

Sometimes an automatic payment fails due to how I manage my finances and I must resubscribe, that is the situation I am currently in. Android app is harassing me and warning me that I'm bound to lose my downloads if I don't pony up my sub fee, but my subscription of choice is unavailable to me.

When I attempt to renew my individual premium plan within the android app or within the website I am told:

It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.

I'm not told why I've lost eligibility for a service I've subscribed to for years, only offered two options:

•Upgrade to Family premium 

•Pay for a year upfront 

I can't find any information anywhere as to why this is, and many of the help pages suggest signing up for a forum post and asking the community. Anyone got any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey @SixtyHertz 

Try deleting your payment info before resubscribing.

To do so:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with your card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Please remember that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts