Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vodafone Premium Still Being Charged

Vodafone Premium Still Being Charged

Hi,

I signed up to Vodafone in January and received the free connection to Spotify Premium. Despite this, I am still being charged every month by Spotify.

I never provided Vodafone with the details of the account being charged.

I only have one Spotify account and in my subscription information, it tells me that my account is with their partner, Vodafone.

I have contacted the Spotify support team who have told me my account is withVodafone and would not deal with my query.

Has anyone had this problem are can you offer advice on how to contact Spotify's support team?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Hey @parchbold, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you out.

If your Spotify Premium is set up through Vodafone but you're also being charged by Spotify on your card, you might have a duplicate account.

Try following this troubleshooting to see if you have more than one account. Most times, one account is set up via Facebook and the other with your own username and password, even if both are using the same email address.

If you don't have other accounts but you're still being charged, our Support team will be able to track down your payment details to help you sort this out.

You can give them a shout via Twitter or Facebook, they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I set up a spotify account years ago on the same email address that is used for vodafone. I deactivated it soon after as wasn't using it. Some years later vodafone added spotify to my account without my knowledge and spotify has been charging me for the last 7 months even though as i have just found out through logging on to this account that it isn't even activated. 

I cannot find a way to contact spotify directly to be reimbursed and payments cancelled!

Can anyone help too?

Hey @user-removed!

Right now, Spotify doesn't manage third party payments. If you're being charged by Vodafone for a Spotify service you're not using, you'll need to contact them and have it cancelled and refunded if possible.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thank you for your help

Suggested posts