Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will Spotify charge me?

When will Spotify charge me?

My Spotify app told me yesterday that the premium payment failed. At the time I did not have enough money in my bank account for the payment to go through. However, today, I now have enough in my account. Will Spotify try to recharge that account, Or is it waiting for me to "update my payment method"? If it will try again with the same bank account, when will it happen?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Hey @milkiemash, welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

If your card, or payment method doesn’t have any funds on it, Spotify will reattempt to charge your card again soon, to see if there is funds on the account then.

If Spotify keeps attempting to charge your account, and there are still no funds, your account will revert to free. 

You can learn more about changing your payment method here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/payment-methods/.

If you would like to update your payment method, you could do this in your account settings to change it to the correct one, or one you’d perfer - and Premium will automatically start again, if the old payment method didn’t work.

Note: Spotify will ask for a payment method to verify that the payment method is valid. 

I hope this helps.

Billy

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts