Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wife cannot join my Premium Duo because of country

Solved!

Wife cannot join my Premium Duo because of country

I've been on Premium for a while now and have enjoyed it. My wife and I moved abroad earlier this year. This is a temporary and not a permanent move. Because I'm on Premium, my account's country stayed as US. Because my wife was NOT on Premium, her account was updated to our new country after 14 days. This means our accounts currently have two different countries in the profile section. I realize this is an issue (after researching online).

I signed up for Premium Duo, with her sitting next to me, on the same wifi connection, but she's told the address doesn't match.  Of course, it's not the address that doesn't match. She's typing in the exact same address on her screen, right next to me. It's the countries in our profiles that don't match. She is not able to update her country in her profile; no options show up for her in the country dropdown. I can't update my profile either, because our permanent address and billing address is still in the US, and my payment method (credit card) is tied to that address in the US (not our temporary address abroad).

Is there any way to fix this so my wife can be added to Premium Duo? Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zer03 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there are only two ways to fix this:

1. You update your payment method to one that's been issued in the country you're currently in
  2. She can change her country setting to the US once she's back in the US

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @zer03 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there are only two ways to fix this:

1. You update your payment method to one that's been issued in the country you're currently in
  2. She can change her country setting to the US once she's back in the US

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for responding. Unfortunate that there's no viable solution.

Suggested posts