Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I lose the playlist my friend has made me?

Solved!

Will I lose the playlist my friend has made me?

I currently have Premium which I use mostly on my iPhone.

My friend has been making a playlist for me, adding new music to it for over a year. I’m thinking of cancelling my Premium subscription and just using the free version, but before I do I want to be certain that I wouldn’t lose the playlist before I do. Would the playlist still be there and would my friend be able to keep adding to it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @j_87, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Changing your subscription or reverting your account to Spotify Free won't cause you to lose any saved music and playlists.

Collaborative playlists (the playlists where other friends can add songs to) isn't just a Premium feature, so your friend will still be able to add songs to those playlists. There is some more information on this here.

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @j_87, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Changing your subscription or reverting your account to Spotify Free won't cause you to lose any saved music and playlists.

Collaborative playlists (the playlists where other friends can add songs to) isn't just a Premium feature, so your friend will still be able to add songs to those playlists. There is some more information on this here.

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1. Thank you for such a clear answer - that’s a relief to know, I’d be so sad to lose all those memories in music!

Suggested posts