Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will redeeming Spotify gift card negate my Premium+Hulu plan?

Solved!

Will redeeming Spotify gift card negate my Premium+Hulu plan?

Hi all, trying to get clarification on this. I got a Spotify Premium gift card during Amazon's Prime Day. When I tried redeeming it just now, I got the warning:

"If you redeem this code you won't be eligible for our other offers or a free trial."

I have the Spotify-Hulu package now, so is redeeming this going to cancel or negate that? I can't find anything to help answer this anywhere, only people trying to use Hulu gift cards and someone else currently paying with gift cards who wants to add Hulu but can't. Jinkies.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @anthonycw Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes it will cancel your current plan. Spotify gift cards are only used for Spotify Premium which doesn't include the Hulu so what i would recommend is continue your current plan of having both Spotify and Hulu and when the offer expires, use the gift card to continue having Premium. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @anthonycw Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes it will cancel your current plan. Spotify gift cards are only used for Spotify Premium which doesn't include the Hulu so what i would recommend is continue your current plan of having both Spotify and Hulu and when the offer expires, use the gift card to continue having Premium. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Sounds like a fine-print racket to me.  It’s pretty well understood that gift cards givers don’t read the fine print or let alone try to understand the type of Spotify account the recipient has.  Nice going Spotify... insert eye-roll.

Join before June 10th and get Hulu (with commercials) included with your premium account but um... you can't use gift cards on your account. It's worth the same amount as your paying now but you can't use them. I'm sure they'd rather have you pay for Hulu separate anyway.

Feels like a giant slap in the face to have had Spotify the last few years, get this cool Hulu bundle and then have one of their reps explain to me that I can not keep my bundled account if I want to use their gift cards. 

Suggested posts