NEXT STEP

Xbox One Premium Offer

Xbox One Premium Offer

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello I received an offer from Xbox to receive a 6 month free trial of premium. When I came to sign up it says I’m not eligible. I didn’t have an account prior to trying to redeem the offer

8 Replies

I'm having the same issue. The terms specify that you need a valid method of payment on your account to be eligible, but there are a couple problems:

1- The help pages all point to either "Subscription" or "Get Premium" as a place to enter a payment method, but there's no place to enter one WITHOUT signing up for Premium.

2- If you do sign up for Premium, then you CANNOT use the Xbox trial, which is longer.

So it seems to be completely unusable. It sure would be nice if they tried following their own instructions before pairing up with a big promotion like this.

Anxiously awaiting an official answer....

I've found something that might help you. It looks like some other people have had their links not work if they're using Chrome or Firefox. Try the Microsoft Edge browser to open the link and see if that helps.

PS - Was that link in an email you got from Microsoft? Because I haven't gotten an email from anyone regarding Spotify since signing up for the Game Pass.

Also having the same issue. I literally made an account just for this but it's telling me I am not eligible.

I am also having this problem and ive been waiting for some type of answer since oct 24th

ive tried using other browsers and even going into a private browser but it still doesn't work

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This should now be fixed for everyone!

If you're still experiencing issues, make sure to get back to us and we'll see what we can suggest.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Just tried and it still doesn't work.

Hey there @STFlynn,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

This sounds like an issue that our tech teams are investigating as @Peter mentioned, however it should be fixed now.

If you're still having troubles to redeem the Premium code, we'd recommend giving it another try using a different browser or device.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's also a good idea in an incognito or private window in your browser and heading here: https://www.spotify.com/claim/xbox/?code=XXXXXXXXXX You'll need to replace the last part (XXXXXXXXXX) with the Premium code you've received.

Keep in mind that in order to be eligible for this offer is for users in the US and UK and haven't had Premium or a trial in the past.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts