Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You got my credit card info from scribd.com without my consent

Solved!

You got my credit card info from scribd.com without my consent

About three weeks ago I used a virtual credit card in scribd to test their the trial plan, I decided to cancel 5 days after (btw it was several days before the trial period end date).

Anyway,  today I got a charge from spotify, and I know for sure that you got my info from scribd without my permission, because it was a virtual credit card number, my bank has this feature it allows me to not share my real cc number, but to use a different credit card number per transaction so I can track this kind of frauds.

Make this right, don't do this kind of dirty tricks to earn a few bucks , it is disgusting and illegal.     For God's sake  I don't even have an spotify account to log into to cancel this membership, I just got the charge!

The email I registered in scribd is: *********@yahoo.com

UPDATE: I have to create an account to post this on the forum, I will use a different email so you can not claim I indeed did have an account previous to this fiasco

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @spotifyrobbedme,

I have had a reply.

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form. They can look backstage into the payment and track it 🙂

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello @spotifyrobbedme,

Sorry to hear you have had issues with Spotify.

I have escalated this issue backstage. You will hopefully get a reply soon.

Marked as solution

Hello @spotifyrobbedme,

I have had a reply.

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form. They can look backstage into the payment and track it 🙂

I hope this helps.

Thank you Thomas!  I'll do it right away.  

No problem.

Keep me posted 😉

I find misleading that this issue has been marked as solved. It is not solved yet. Not even close. 

I promise I will update this post with whatever news I get from spotify.

Hey,

Sorry about that, I accidently clicked on marked the issue as solved.

Do not worry it won't affect SpotifyCares, their case will still be open, it wont affect that. Do not worry.

I had the same problem but I think the problem is with scribd. After giving scribd my credit card info someone in the US cleaned my account just some month after. Buying different things online. I think someone used your credit card to pay for their spotify?

Suggested posts