Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant get the student plan

cant get the student plan

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify

I am having trouble getting Spotify premium for students. I have verified that I am a student, but every time i go to get the premium and click on the student plan, it takes me back to the verification page. Please help, I can't access the payment for the student plan.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey, @jeev1 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Initially, you could try again to subscribe to the Premium in a private/incognito window (there may be a temporary problem with the connection). On the other hand, I also recommend that you take a look at this following related support article to get some additional information about it:

And notice that if you've linked the student discount to another account before, you'll not be able to change it until the end of the cycle (365 days).

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! 
I was having the same issue; I was trying to switch from the family plan to the student discount, but kept getting the student verification page. I got it to work by switching to the regular premium account (9.99 a month) in order to get off the family plan. Then I was able to switch to the student discount!

Hope that helps 🙂 

Hey there @jeev1,

Thanks for posting! 

After verifying your student discount via SheerID, you should activate it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID (you've taken care of this successfully).

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

If it doesn't work, tell us what type of error message you get.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts