Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update / Change Payment Details isn't working

Update / Change Payment Details isn't working

I'm UK based.
I want to change the card for my monthly Spotify charge.
Account Overview > Your Plan > payment details > Update
Takes me to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/update-payment-details/

I click the top "Credit or debit card" option (the other option is PayPal) and then I get 3 flashing dots below that imply it's loading the payment details input bit, but after 10 minutes, nothing.
I've tried on 4 different browsers, all give the same lack of progress.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 125921.jpg
26 Replies

I tried again today and it worked 🙂
So whatever gremlin or some such was the problem is now resolved.

Hey @Rhauri!

So happy to hear things worked out well for you. It's possible that the gremlin was just a temporary error that went away after some time.

Now that everything is order with your Premium, we can suggest taking a peek at out Music section to find some song recommendations :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: 

If you like you can go ahead and introduce yourself here in this thread as well. 

See you around the forum!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem today

Hey @Nickibrunklund,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're having the same issue, we'd suggest trying again on a different device using a different internet connection (preferably by a different provider). If the issue persists, please wait 24 hours and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've been having the same problem for 2 days now

Hey @teodora3,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to check, have you tried the steps mentioned earlier in the thread - using a different internet connection and from another device?

You can also give it a shot using an incognito window in your browser to see if the same thing happens there.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

So, update. I did try all the above mentioned and nothing seemed to work. Then, suddenly today, the issue was fixed out of nowhere 🎉

Reklezjoe_0-1704376572183.png

I'm facing this error when I'm looking to update my premium plan.

nvm it's working now

I missed 1 payment and now I have money and my card is not working why is that

Hey @Marufv

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying again with the steps @Maria mentioned previously? 

If you're still having this issue, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

All devices

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Got a new card, but when I try to update, I get error message. I have tried updating from iphone, from web browser on iphone, and on computer. It's giving an error like the card is being declined. The card is working fine everywhere else. We are heavy users. Do we all lose our playlists? I can't find an actual help contact anywhere. 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 071926.png

I have the same problem, I hope someone can give us a solution.

I have the same issue. My card and country matched and tried 1000 times past two weeks and still not working. 

No! THIS IS NOT RESOLVED! I have done every single thing mentioned. I am still getting this message. I should not be doing the work for Spotify. This is bonkers. 

Someone moved my post to this thread, so now it's showing up as "solved." My issue isn't solved. This has been going on for a week. I am expecting a credit on my account for at least one month. This is premium? Whut.

I had a chat with technical support and they told me that I had to talk to my bank, when with this card I already make other online payments🙄

Hey Spotify, how hard are your users supposed to work to PAY YOU MONEY?! 

IMG_2937.jpeg

Suggested posts