Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

changing country and payment method

changing country and payment method

hello!

i have recently moved to Israel from Australia, and my spotify account is set to australia with my Oz credit card.

today, i have been trying to change my country/payment method to my israeli details, though the website doesnt let me change my credit card claiming i need to change my country first, and when trying to change the country code it says i need to change my credit card details.

i did read through the forum a bit, and someone said something about canceling the subscription and then put the new Credit card details in, though when trying to resubscribe it bring my oz credit card back automatically.

what to do?

cheers!

14 Replies

I have the same problem in french/swittzerland

I HAVE THE VERY SAME PROBLEM.  JUST ABOUT TO CANCEL MY SUSCRIPTION IF NOT SOLVED QUICKLY.  NO CONTACT EMAIL TO ADDRESS THE MATTER.

no help?

No help

what does all the billions we pay spotify worth if there is no simple support??

Exactly disastrous

still waiting..............

I have the same problem. Trying to change from Sweden to Germany...

Is there any solution? I have just moved from Belgium to the UK and need to change my payment details. Can't find out how to do it and keep going round in circles.

Hey folks, 

Sorry for the delayed reply. We've just come across this thread.

@MarcusBXL, if you have moved from one country to another you need to change the country settings of your account.

If you have an active Premium subscription, in order to change your account's country settings to the country you're currently living in, you need to change your payment method to one issued in the same country where you're currently living, by following the steps in this article. Keep in mind that the country change will take place in your next billing date.

If you're a member of a Premium Family/Premium Duo plan registered in the country you were living in, you'd need to leave it first, if you want to change your country settings. Also, keep in mind that these subscriptions are only for users who live at the same physical address.

Lastly, if you're currently on the free service, you should be able to change your country settings right away following the steps in the link I sent previously. If you're having issues doing so, could you try again from an incognito window and a different device? 

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I have the same issue trying to switch from Germany to Italy while having an outstanding payment linked to my cancelled credit card.

So, dear ENI-moderator, following the process you indicate it is simply not possible with my present circumstancies becasue the system will not allow me to change payment method and country at the same time, exactly as sangiaronz wrote in this thread.

I have payment method & country in Germany and cannot change neither of the two because when changing any of the two it requires the other to be changed first..... That is an absurd process.

How can you possibly not have a straight forward procedure that actually WORKS instead of having people searching for assistance (hallo, year 2022 where is your customer service?) and getting as answer a copy&paste process that doesnt work? Is it really the case that you force customers to delete their account (and eventually loose all playlists??) and subscribe with a new one again? And what do I do with the outstanding payment linked to a dead CC? I will not be able to pay it from the new account in a new country...

DO SOMETHING

This is ridiculous.

I also am unable to change my country from Nicaragua to UK, as my payment method in my previous country has now expired.

I am unable to add a new payment card/method as all of my cards are registered in the UK and the app says that method doesn't match with my country!

Please can we have this issue resolved ASAP?

Hi,

I am still having issues changing my card/ country settings. 

I'm currently using a premium account that's paying with a Singapore card. I've now moved to Australia and am trying to make the change. But when i try changing the card to an Australian card, it says "Your payment method and country don't match." ... Likewise, when I try changing the country first, is says the same. 

Hey @1189969706,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In this case you'll have to cancel the subscription first, wait for it to expire, change the country setting on your account to Australia and then resubscribe with the Australian card.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts