Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Oneplus 6, desktop

Operating System

Android 10, PopOS! 20.04, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So i'm a new user who came over from play music / youtube music.  some of the features here are familiar, some are way different.  I tried using the search and KB, but i feel like i'm getting lost in the weeds and.

These are my questions:

#1 how do i optimize suggested music (google had thumbs up / thumbs down)? I only see a heart here.

#2 the suggested daily mix (your library -> made for you) that is auto-generated (i have 6 playlists) is made up of 80-90% songs that i gave a heart to.  is this supposed to happen? i'm assuming that it's too high a rate for rated songs vs new.

#3 is there a way to take the liked songs playlist and sub-divide it automatically? for example, separate out jazz from rock.

on a completely separate note, why does spotify demand captcha on every single page? and all the pics are so grainy and low res.

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We are so happy that you want to learn more about how to improve your Spotify experience. Here come the answers to your questions:

1. On mobile we have a dislike button integrated in the Made for you playlists that we offer. Interacting with content, for example saving song in playlists or adding them to your Liked songs, also helps the algorithm. 
  2. The Daily mixes should consists of about 75% songs that you have interacted with but that can vary depending on how recently your account was created and how much you engage with new content on the app.
  3. The Liked songs playlists consists of tunes that you have hearted and currently can't be sorted by genre. You can leave a +Vote here to support the idea to implement that.

Lastly, we're sorry if you had trouble with the re-captcha, we'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

Hope this info helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts