Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

un able to redeem gift card

un able to redeem gift card

Plan

free

Country

uk

Device

windows pc

Operating System

win 11

My Question or Issue

my gift card is new and i cant redeem it if have double checked the code and it was correct

2 Replies

Hey @Blaze12,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please share the exact error message you're seeing when you try to redeem your Gift Card at https://spotify.com/redeem 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue. I got the message attached. After talking with support and specifically Nuambiahhoi S, they initially verified my issue and we got off to a good start. However they then ask me, "Can you once try to update the address using this link: www.spotify.com/account/address/" which sounded like they were giving me the runaround, but I went with it. They even specificed "Seem like you are unable to redeem the code because address is not updated on your account."  Anyway at some point they realized on their own, "I have check it and seems like the address is already updated. Sorry for the misunderstanding.". After they went to check on that for 2 minutes, they got back with the following spiel, "

I have also checked further and it shows that you've tried redeeming the Gift card code on your end a few times which triggered our security system and temporarily disabled your redemption attempt. I've also tried redeeming the code on my end with all the possibilities but that doesn't work anymore as the restriction has already been applied to your account.

Nuambiahhoi S at 03:32 PM, Jun 18

The temporary restriction that has been applied on your account is for 24 hours. After that, you'll be able to redeem the code again." Well I explained that I never went through multiple attempts, however they were giving me the same bs that I had to wait for 24 hours. The kicker in all this, I had gone through the same exact process 6 months ago. So what's up with that?
spotifynoredeam18-06.png

Suggested posts