Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

will the one time plans extend my premium expire date?

Solved!

will the one time plans extend my premium expire date?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Malaysia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy note 10 lite

Operating System

Android 11 

My Question or Issue

I've been subscribed to premium since 2017~ but had just cancelled it and my premium will expire on the 15th of May, I cancelled it because I will be switching ISP on the 1st of June and my payment method was by teleco postpaid payment back then. 

My question is, if I purchase the one time plans now (22/4), will it extend the expire date?

Because I'm planning to change my Spotify billing date to the 1st of every month too and I'm worried that I have to wait for my premium to officially expire before I'm able to purchase the one time plans (planning to buy 2 weeks worth of one time plans before going back to the typical monthly subscription to change the billing date)

I have 1.6k downloaded songs (12GB) so I can't afford to lose my premium as I'm worried all of those songs might get removed from my storage before I have the chance to renew my premium. I also don't have Wifi, so 12GB is worth a lot to me.

one more question, I have switched from postpaid to prepaid with my current ISP (because I'm required to wait a month before porting out and I decided to cancel my postpaid first), Is it allowed to pay through prepaid? I assume yes but always better to double check. 

anyways, thanks in advance 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Joelwsy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

If you cancel your Premium subscription and then get Premium time with a one-time payment option, the Premium time you pay for will stack up to your current time. E.g. if you pay for 1 month, you'd have Premium until June 15th.

To be able to change your billing date, you must wait until your account reverts to the free service, and then subscribe again on the date you want to be billed, or you can do what you mentioned and pay for 2 weeks of Premium time - just make sure to get a recurring subscription before your one-time payment ends, otherwise your account will be reverted to free. Your recurring subscription would start on the date your one-time payment Premium time ends, and that would become your new billing date.

Regarding your second question, you're right - you can pay for Spotify through a prepaid or postpaid mobile plan.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Joelwsy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

If you cancel your Premium subscription and then get Premium time with a one-time payment option, the Premium time you pay for will stack up to your current time. E.g. if you pay for 1 month, you'd have Premium until June 15th.

To be able to change your billing date, you must wait until your account reverts to the free service, and then subscribe again on the date you want to be billed, or you can do what you mentioned and pay for 2 weeks of Premium time - just make sure to get a recurring subscription before your one-time payment ends, otherwise your account will be reverted to free. Your recurring subscription would start on the date your one-time payment Premium time ends, and that would become your new billing date.

Regarding your second question, you're right - you can pay for Spotify through a prepaid or postpaid mobile plan.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts