Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked, Hacker added playlists, Playlists won't disappear after deleting them

Account Hacked, Hacker added playlists, Playlists won't disappear after deleting them

Couple weeks ago, my (free) account was hacked. I have already taken the steps to secure my account, which includes changing into a brand new email and password.

However, I see that the hacker has added some (fake) playlists to my account, as you can see the attachment.
capture1.jpg

Those are playlists with fake titles/covers. And I have already deleted all of them from my recently played/liked list the day I got my account back.

Even now, as I login to my Spotify account, the first thing I see are these playlists that I have deleted and reported long ago. They do not go away even though I use Spotify almost on a daily basis.

Is there a way to refresh my recently played list so these can go away? Or am I stuck with them forever?

1 Reply

Hey @haloedmoon,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

In this case we'd recommend reaching out to our customer support team here, explaining what has happened. They might be able to offer further assistance and revert your music history if possible.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts