Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add album to playlist

Add album to playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Cant add an album to a playlist. Have done all the re-installs, re-boots, cleared cache etc, etc. No joy. iOS for iPhone 7. Any help appreciated.

13 Replies

Hi there @Nomis1963,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You can add an album to a playlist by tapping on the three dots menu on the top right corner of the album > Add to playlist > select the desired playlist. If you're having trouble, could you let us know exactly what's happening when you try? Are there any error messages?

We'd also like to know if this happens with any album or just one in particular. A screenshot oh how it looks on your end would also come in handy.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Happens on any album-there are NO 3 DOTS!

Hey @Nomis1963,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you send us a screenshot of how an album looks like on your end so we can have a better understanding of what's happening? You can attach it to your next reply by tapping on the camera icon on top of the post editor.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

4C400A67-FE26-4DC8-A5BC-EE20498A3D22.png

Hey @Nomis1963

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshot.

Just to double-check, do you still experience this after a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? This step will update the app to the latest version and clean up your device from corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If the clean reinstall makes no difference, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Hi,

To confirm, after following all reinstalling instructions, clearing of caches, re-booting of phone, etc, etc, no difference occurs and the problem is still there.

Hey @Nomis1963

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you also check if any power saving settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device? If yes, make sure to deactivate them since they could prevent the app from working as expected. 

Another thing worth checking is whether you experience this only when connected to a certain Internet connection. If possible, try connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Hi,

Thanks for your continued support.

There are no power saving or data cleaning apps working on the phone.

I have re-tested over both WiFi and 4G connections to no avail.

I have re-booted my router-makes no difference 😞

It’s not the end of the world, but I have never had this issue before, and nothing has ‘changed’ at my end, so it’s v odd that this should suddenly be a problem!

Hey @Nomis1963

Thanks for trying out our suggestions. 

No worries, we're not giving up that quickly. If this occurs across different networks, it's also possible that the issue is related to your Spotify account or to the specific setup of your device. 

First off, let's check if this could be caused by your device. Try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

In case you see no difference on another device, it'd be helpful to try logging in to a different Spotify account on your original device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi,

Thanks again.

I’ve just logged onto my laptop (Windows 7 home premium). The issue is exactly the same! No three dots, no way of adding an entire album, I am only able to add individual tracks (albeit a bit easier and quicker than using my phone). It’s clearly nothing to do with IOS or Windows, so I’m not going to waste anymore time on it. Still love Spotify, just all a bit weird/disappointing. Thanks anyway.

Simon.

Hey @Nomis1963,

Thanks for getting back to us.

From the troubleshooting done so far it does seem like an account related issue. What we advise is to create a free account here and check if the Add to playlist feature works correctly there. If that's the case you can use these steps to transfer your music collection. We know that this can cause some inconvenience and appreciate your understanding on the matter.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I set up a new account........same issues!! No visibility of the three dots and I can only add tracks one by one still.

Hey @Nomis1963,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

This is indeed odd and we'd love to investigate this further. Could you share a screenshot of what you see at your end also on your Android and desktop devices? Can you confirm that the whole three dot menu is missing with the second there as well? We'd also appreciate it if you include in your response the exact Spotify version you have running on all three devices.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts