Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Podcasts] Can't unfollow a podcast

[Android][Podcasts] Can't unfollow a podcast

I can't unfollow a podcast I'm following on mobile ver. I've checked help forums and it seems it's also not possible on desktop. I can view the podcast's list of episodes and select and play individual episodes, but no matter where I click I can't pull up the podcast's page to click Unfollow. 

10 Replies

Hi there!

I'd recommend using the Web Player- if you've never used it in the past.

The steps are simple: 

Click My Library > Podcasts > The Podcast you want to unfollow,

then there should be a "followed" next to the green "play" button. Click that, and it should be unfollowed. 

I've added a screenshot t show what I mean about the "followed." The wording may be a bit different, because I don't use the English version. 

Hope this helps!

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 19.54.18.png

This is also driving me insane. 

I accidentally clicked on a podcast once, exited immediately, and now my screen is taken up by this **bleep** and other similar recommendations.

I just want to get to my music ffs. 

Hey there @Emity

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. While an option to remove suggestions from your Home page isn't available, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a bug, we need no new features.

I unfollowed ALL podcasts and there is still one left. (which i not follow any more!)

I pay a monthly fee for Spotify because they say they don't advertise but I have all these garbage suggestions all over my the homepage on my phone.  Time to look for a different source, I guess.  This is horse hooey, Spotify.  Jesus.

Time to find another app. Spotify is obviously oblivious to individual needs except when it comes to our individual payments.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We suggest that you head over to the idea that's been provided above and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No. I pay a monthly fee to avoid advertising. I'm off to google whether or
not you're paid by the sites you "recommend" and that's why I can't get
them off my screen. I also believe that Google bought Spotify so I doubt
I'll find an answer.

Hi Spotify team,
I click to follow a podcast which later becomes inaccessible (the thumbnail becomes grey, and when clicked it is said "Couldn't find that page"). I want to click Unfollow to remove that inaccessible podcast from my Library, but I find that I can't do anything about it (normally, right-clicking on the thumbnail will open two options, to unfollow and to share, but to this podcast, none appears). I've tried this on the desktop app and mobile app, yet when opened on the browser, the problematic podcast is not visible. Since I use the apps on the daily basis, this podcast thumbnail is an eyesore. Can you please help to address this on the next app update?

Thank you

Well, it’s over a year later and Spotify has not fixed this problem. If I unfollow a podcast, I don’t want to see it show up in my podcasts and shows. This isn’t rocket science. Why can’t or won’t Spotify fix it??? 

Suggested posts