Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app crashes when I access Artists and Albums in My Library

Solved!

Android app crashes when I access Artists and Albums in My Library

Android app crashes when I access Artists and Albums in My Library. It does not crash if I access Playlists. I have tried reinstalling and logging in multiple times.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MotoX4

Operating System

Android v9

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @itsmejill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, did you perform a clean reinstall or a simple one? The clean reinstall tends to be more thorough when it comes to removing corrupted files from the previous installation. That's why we recommend it as a first step. Check out these steps on how to perform a clean reinstall depending on the device you use.  

If the app keeps on crashing after the clean reinstall, give it a try on another device to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @itsmejill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, did you perform a clean reinstall or a simple one? The clean reinstall tends to be more thorough when it comes to removing corrupted files from the previous installation. That's why we recommend it as a first step. Check out these steps on how to perform a clean reinstall depending on the device you use.  

If the app keeps on crashing after the clean reinstall, give it a try on another device to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Thanks Ivan. This worked! While I was uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but I didn't try deleting the com.spotify.music file and cache from my SD card. Thank you!

Suggested posts