Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App keeps playing podcasts I’m not following and don’t want to listen to.

App keeps playing podcasts I’m not following and don’t want to listen to.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 16.3

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app keeps persistently playing this specific “Unwanted Fraternity” podcast at the end of what I’m listening to every single time one of my podcasts finishes playing.  I do not follow this podcast, I don’t subscribe to it, I never searched for it or played it intentionally.  But it keeps showing up as “Recommended Listening”, shows up in my “New Episodes” section, and plays by itself regularly.  I do not want to listen to this podcast!  But it keeps coming up as “playing recommended listening for you”.  Why?
I cannot find any method to stop this podcast from playing by itself in my app.  There’s no way to block it?

I don’t understand why this show keeps getting forced onto me.  Someone please help?

32806523-A4F3-4F7F-8B94-D6F2DDC1B54E.png
49A47A17-979F-41A6-9B46-64CB161AFDA8.png
33 Replies

Hey @SylasG,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would it be possible to send us a short video of the issue (you can attach it to your response or upload it to YouTube or Google Drive) or give us specific steps to reproduce it since we couldn't on our end?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me too, it's so frustrating. 
Fear & Greed is in my library and plays everyday after I listen to Squiz Today. But I've never followed that podcast. How do I get rid of it?

Hey @Naomib,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you refer to the post from @MihailY and provide more details on the issue you're experiencing? This way we can reply with a solution.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

I can't remove Fear & greed from my library. Not following or liked and only listened to it once or twice last year. It auto plays after I listen to The Squiz. 

E35C7D95-34EB-42DF-AD5A-D54767987098.jpeg

621FD599-B3B9-4A36-ADFE-BCFFA0C5C9D4.png

D4BFAC79-D942-4790-BBB3-7BF50F6CC215.png

Please see screed shots and details below. Thanks 

Cannot upload video, please refer screenshots attached previously 

Hey @Naomib,

Thanks for the replies and the screenshots.

It's possible there are some episodes of this podcast added to your episodes playlist. Could you check if that's the case?

Also keep in mind, that the content under the daily greeting is not part of your library.

Another reason for this behavior might be the podcast being part of the podcast play queue. Could you send us a screenshot of the queue as well?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

098F36F0-F51B-4A38-8702-B6CC135A3639.pngit's not in the list below. Only here as it keeps auto playing.

A7AF9047-F59C-4E87-B544-F624BB09F43B.png

Thanks for your reply. It's definitely not in my episode playlist. Not sure what you mean by podcast play queue. I can't find a queue. 

45030FEE-1E7C-4129-BDE3-790F4DBAF6E1.png

9B2F24A8-B4ED-4B8D-BFFC-9373C04843C5.png

 I don't think I had a queue. 

3B639DC5-E372-4DC9-A9CE-77A2172571D5.png

Hey @Naomib,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing the screenshots.

Based on the images, we can see that you have unfinished episode from this show in your list. We'd suggest that you tap on the checkmark (next to Interview: How 202....) on the right which will remove the episode there.

Note: You have to do that before you start the playback, otherwise it will still be included in the queue. Screenshot for visibility below: 

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

 Thank you, I tapped to remove the tick. However the podcast still played again today. Any other suggestions to stop it?  It's still showing in Your shows. 

B6F78443-01BD-4186-BF5F-DB67965690F9.png

Hey @Naomib,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you please give us the exact steps to reproduce the issue? We'd also need to know where you're starting the episode from. Is it from Your Episodes/ New Episodes/Home page/Podcast page? 

It's also a good idea to check if you have Autoplay turned on on your device. If you have it - try to turn it off and let us know what happens. More info on how to control Autoplay can be found here

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

I also have a podcast that keeps popping up. In my search for becoming more financially literate I tried listening to financial audit with celeb hammer but I found it wasn’t helpful to me and stopped following it. I also had another podcast randomly pop up after listening to an artist I heard from anime. I’m not following these podcasts but they’re in my shows. Ever since I listened to Caleb hammer. The podcast will randomly pop up in what I’m listening to even though I no longer follow and I didn’t give it a like

IMG_4948.png
IMG_4947.png

This is the greatest issue of our time. Please take another look at this issue. It hurts me inside. Please

Hey folks,

Can you please check out the suggestions from @Lyubka above and send over the requested info?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, this issue is happening for me as well. I followed all of the steps that have been outlined in this thread and it's still happening. Please fix it!

It's super annoying - there should be a way to hide podcasts you don't want to listen to. I tried listening to a true crime podcast that ended up being way too dark. After unfollowing it, deleting any unplayed/downloaded episodes etc, it still auto plays.

Suggested posts