Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio quality question - downloads and cache

Solved!

Audio quality question - downloads and cache

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I set downloads quality to low and streaming on Wi-Fi very high for example, if I then stream a song on Wi-Fi that has already been download, will it play the very high quality version? I guess there's no way to enforce this sadly.

I was wondering the same thing about caching, say I have no downloads enabled but cellular streaming on low and WiFi on very high, what happens if I first stream a song on cellular then at home on Wi-Fi?

Anyone has any advice on how to achieve this?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Poncho3306,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Streaming is prior to download as a priority.  With that being said, if you've downloaded a song in low quality and if you try to play it when connected to Wi-Fi with Audio quality set to High and Offline mode disabled, it will stream on high.

Spotify has a range of audio quality options. We'd suggest to check this article out for more information about them.

If you'd like to know more about Audio normalization as well - head here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Poncho3306,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Streaming is prior to download as a priority.  With that being said, if you've downloaded a song in low quality and if you try to play it when connected to Wi-Fi with Audio quality set to High and Offline mode disabled, it will stream on high.

Spotify has a range of audio quality options. We'd suggest to check this article out for more information about them.

If you'd like to know more about Audio normalization as well - head here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts