Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] hide song in Blend not working

[Bug] hide song in Blend not working

Hiding songs in a Blend playlist doesn't prevent the song from being played (iPhone 7 iOS 15.0, Pixel 5 Android 11, 2019 MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6). It also doesn't hide the song for all users of the playlist. This is annoying especially considering the "remove a song from blend" idea is not yet feature planned (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-Remove-a-song-from-a-Blend-and-prevent-simil...).

Help appreciated!

5 Replies

Hi @kelpsd,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

The Hide this Song feature works only on your own account, which means that if you hide a certain song, it will only affect your playback and not the other user's. 

As you well pointed out, other users have asked for the possibility to remove songs from the Blend playlist. If you Vote + and Subscribe to the idea you shared, you can stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about it.

Now, if you hide a song on one device, it can still be played on other devices since it doesn't sync across all of them. With this said, it's not normal if you hide a song in one of your phones, and it still keeps playing on that same device. 

So to better assist you, please let us know what's the behavior you're noticing with the feature. Does a hidden song keep playing on the same device where you hid it, or is it something else?

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for following up! The songs keep playing on the same device they are
hidden, all three devices and operating systems mentioned.

Hi there @kelpsd,

We're having trouble reproducing this on our end. Do you mind performing a clean reinstall on the devices you use Spotify on. There could well be a caching issue on one of them, so we just want to eliminate that before we try anything else.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could send us a screen recording showing how you hide a song in the mobile app and how it keeps playing on that same device.

Keep in mind that the 'Hide this song' feature is currently only available on mobile and that the hidden songs will only be skipped on the device they were removed and only for the user who hid them.

Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have this same issue. When i go to the dropdown beside a song on a blend playlist, there is NO option to hide a song. It just isnt even there at all. But the song is still on my playlist ruining my vibe.

Hey @doctorphilosoraptor,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you provide a screen recording of the issue you're experiencing so we can get a better grasp on what exactly is going on on your end?

How many devices are involved in manipulating the blend playlist with your account and what are their brand/model and operating systems?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts