Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add album to playlist anymore

Can't add album to playlist anymore

I have a playlist in which I add all albums released in 2019 that I want to check out. Until last week I was able to add a complete album to this playlist. Now the option seems to be completely gone. I really don't want to add one song at a time to this playlist.

Has this feature simply been scrapped? If so that's enough reason for me to finally cancel my subscription and try something else. I'm getting fed up with Spotify's limitations and changing features.

40 Replies

Screenshot_20190929-110032_Spotify.jpg

I can't even begin to understand why this minute feature would be removed in an update.... The cynic in me wants to think it's a bit of dark design to reorient listeners towards to premade playlists, more singles, or listening to algorithm suggestions. It doesn't have to be something like this to be super annoying though😡

I found out that you can still add whole albums to your playlists but you have to favorite them first and it is annoying the **bleep** out of me because I personally add all content from my favorite artists

Not sure why but I have no problem adding whole album to a playlist. Just search the album, click the 3 dots, click add to playlist. Works on version 8.5.24.762 without issue.

I just checked my spotify's update. Its the same as yours but it still wont show for me

NVM i have to go to the albums section in spotify search and not the acctual artists page anymore. I still want to kill myself though

Yeah I know it's annoying that you have to do it like that. Much prefer doing it on discography on artists page. It's a workaround until Spotify sort it out I guess. 

Yup. Same here. I'm trying out Tidal after the removal of the widget but am hovering to cancel lull due to my playlist build up. Limiting liked albums was an odd choice and now the workaround for that, adding an album to playlist, is now gone. I have numerous playlists that have full albums: New releases that interest me over the year, albums that passed me by, favourite artist's playlists etc. This sort of nonsense is just unprofessional and, worse, it is coming at a time when other streaming apps are *adding* features: Amazon introduction of 'HD' sound, Tidal's gorgeous full page widget. 

I genuinely don't understand Spotify at the moment. Once I have the time I'm hoping to transfer my playlists and leave completely - I shall miss 'New Releases', and 'Discover Weekly' but they're getting basic functionality wrong while falling behind in most all else - from visual design, audio quality, options, a bug that devours Android memory, widgets, ease of use and more - but playlist generation and that isn't enough.

This is really frustrating.  I've been with Spotify a long time and they keep removing the features I use most.  First the starred function, then autofilling a new playlist name with artist and album, and now the ability to add an album as a playlist altogether.  I may consider alternatives now if they don't fix this quickly.  

Have you noticed that no one from Spotify actually checks these pages. We can call out Spotify for their pointless limitations; their removal of QOL functions; the fact that their app has major lag on modern androids. But we'll see no response. They have removed themselves from liability and the responsibility of maintaining and improving on their platform.

I contacted the support on Twitter once about the album restrictions, and only received "we'll pass it on to the right people". Words are wind, I want to see change for the better.

You know, a couple of months ago I was in an ITIL class, and the teacher was showing us a video of Spotify's agile way of developing (which can be found on YouTube), that was by far the most ironic moment in my life since they're supposed to be really innovative and ahead of other companies, but using their app, they come across as a bunch of god **bleep** amateurs. They don't give a flying poo about their users.

Yeah but building software in an Agile way doesn't mean you build what your users want. Your priorities are still set by your business. Who might be more interested in ways of making more money, or... who knows. 

I've found a quick workaround, if anyone hasn't said already! If you search the album you can still add it to a playlist from the list of search results, rather than the album page. It's mad that Spotify still haven't rolled out a fix though, how hard can it be?!

Same here. Really annoying. Please fix.

Just pulled the trigger and started a 3 month free trial on apple music. Can't stand Spotify and their trash anymore tbh. Idk that apple music will be any better but I'm willing to give it a shot for 3 free months. 

IT'S BACK!!!

WE WON!

Well it's back but you now have to name the playlist manually. Absurd that paying customers are being bullied into accepting a service that gets worse instead of improving. If people want to have music forced upon them they'll turn to good old radio.

It appears to reinstated in android app

I cannot save an album to a playlist. All the suggested remedies dont work. 

Please advise

The suggested remedies dont work. please fix this problem

Suggested posts