Premium

Country

USA

Device

Tesla Model Y

Operating System

Tesla

My Question or Issue

I have a 2022 Tesla Model Y. I subscribe to a podcast known as Breaking Points Premium. I can listen to the non-premium podcast but the premium one loads forever and then chooses some other random episode from a random podcast to play instead. Is there a solution for this?

52 Replies

I have the same issue and it’s with BP premium as well. I thought perhaps that it was because BP added the video feature to their podcasts but other video-enabled podcasts come though ok so it’s not that. I raised the issue with Tesla and they said that it doesn’t seem to be on their end and that most likely the API that they use for Spotify had been updated in the early summer that caused this to happen. The BP premium podcast used to work for me earlier this year and then around early summer it stopped. 

This is why i’m here! Any fix yet?

Having the same problem. It's super annoying as breaking points is what I listen to on my long commutes. Has anyone figured out a work around?

As a workaround, I use Bluetooth. But I'd much prefer to use the Spotify app on the Tesla than to mess with my phone while driving. It doesn't seem like they're really paying attention to this issue anymore unfortunately. 

I stopped using Spotify app for Podcasts - TuneIn in the Tesla plays them all just fine. 

Doesn't look like anyone from Spotify is replying.  I'll float this topic to the top.

I've decided to cancel my subscription until this issue is resolved. I only subscribed to have use of it in the Tesla.

Wow, thx, great workaround! Never heard of TuneIn. 

Me too, I figured I wasn't the only one. Can't listen to the Premium version. I used to be able to, but something changed when they added video to Spotify.

Same issue with Breaking Points and This American Life. Really annoying, hoping the addition of Apple Podcast app will allow me to listen without Spotify. 

Last week after my 3 got updated, I decided to try playing the podcast again.  I was super surprised because it worked! I listened to about 20 minutes of their latest episode at the time.  I switched to a different podcast momentarily and then went back to the episode of BP Premium that I was previously listening to and unfortunately went back to the "loading error" issue.  I've tried several times since but still no luck - loading error persists.

This issue is not limited to the Tesla in-car spotify app, I also cannot cast BreakingPoints Premium to Alexa devices and wifi Speakers (ie : Bose soundbar). 

Exact same issue on my MY 2023

I have switched to Apple Podcasts in my Tesla now it is a native app. Problem solved.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Tesla Model Y - 2023

Operating System

Spotify App on Tesla

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify regullary, however, my favorite (german) Podcast "11KM: der tagesschau Podcast" can not be played in the Spotify app on my Tesla (Tesla has the latest update installed). 

https://open.spotify.com/show/1WA1U25dsygLz3GjTfLHS3

This issue is there since beginning (I got the Tesla in 03/2023) and is also on the account of my wife in the same Tesla. The people from Tesla had no solution. I also signed out and in again, but this did not helped. 

Does anyone have a clue what could I do?

It looks like it's not only Tesla issue. Have the same in my Volvo and it's affecting "The Diary of CEO" podcast from Steven Bartlett. Weird as it works for any other podcasts just fine.

Presumabely, it's due to the amount of episodes loaded (lack of pagination?) or some issues with specific elements on the list.

Still, devs on the car apps team has an issue to be fixed and some creators might have less listeners due to this.

I tried out Apple Podcasts but premium podcasts that I have paid for do not appear in the Tesla app even though they appear in the Apple Podcasts app itself. So I'm still stuck.  😞 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for raising this on the Community!

We've passed this on to the team, so that they can investigate further. We'll keep you updated in this thread, when we have any news to share. 

We also recommend keeping the app up-to-date, to ensure you get the latest features and fixes as soon as we launch them.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.

We received a confirmation from the team that the playback of certain podcasts is currently not supported in Tesla cars.

We appreciate your reports and we hope for your understanding.

If there's anything else, the Community is here for you.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Heya MihailY!

One question, your answer doesn't indicate in either direction if this is something that can be fixed (so that we can play the podcasts we pay for), just that it doesn't work.

Is Spotify looking into resolving this issue (whether it's on your end, or in collaboration with Tesla)?

Thank you,

Spotify users with Tesla.

Suggested posts