Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Daylist always shows the wrong title

Daylist always shows the wrong title

Title is self explanatory but in Home view the Daylist title is completely different from what it actually is when I select it. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max 

Operating System

iOS 17.4

IMG_1082.png
IMG_1083.png
18 Replies

Hey there @jesibelle

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this has always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update? We'd also like to know if this happens across devices or only on a particular one.

On another note, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device to check if they can replicate this behavior? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Mine gets out of sync like this as well.  Like right now, when first opening the Spotify web player (Chrome 124, Windows 10), it just says it's title "daylist" with no description on the Home page, and after clicking on it and going to the playlist, it still says just "daylist" on the playlist page as well... UNTIL you refresh the page... then it updates it with the current description "hypnotic sound design wednesday morning" in this case.  But THAT playlist can't actually be played, as the main Play button at the top starts playing songs that are NOT displayed in the daylist it's showing you and instead playing songs from a daylist that you can't see.  And if you try to click play on individual tracks in the displayed daylist, it fails, with the response from the player command call getting a 403 Forbidden.  Refreshing the page doesn't fix it, a forced hard refresh or forcing disable cache with dev console open in Chrome doesn't fix it, clearing site data doesn't fix it.

So then I open Spotify on my phone (Android 12, Pixel 3a XL) and IT shows the daylist title on the home screen as the same as what the web player said it was "hypnotic sound design wednesday morning" but when you click on it to show the actual playlist... on THAT screen it says it's actually titled "scary animalistic morning" and the track my desktop was playing IS on THAT list. 

Hitting play on that daylist from my phone then plays the tracks from the list it's displaying as expected, and if you connect the web player as a connected device... it shows the out of sync daylist on desktop with a ssound spectrum "playing" indicator... but still it's showing the wrong playlist and there's no playing track in the list.  Refreshing desktop at this point still doesn't allow it to see the "scary animalistic morning" playlist the phone is playing and that the web plkayer plays without showing, and web player will continue to fail to be able to play the tracks it does show you, and only playing the hidden daylist.

Not sure how it gets so badly out of sync, as I wasn't using my phone when first starting the dyalist from my browser... the web player seems to just make up some other list that doesn't work and refuses to update, and no idea what actually triggers it, but it doesn't happen all the time for me either... just every so often.  And I don't think it resolves until the time the next daylist can be generated.

I noticed it happening about two months ago, I couldn’t tell you the exact update. It does happen to me across devices. Both my desktop and my phone show different titles for the Daylist depending on where you’re viewing it. 

I do not have a friend or relative who uses Spotify to test that out. 

Visually my daylist has updated to this morning, listing what it often does, piano music and things to read to. But when I hit play it is playing the daylist from last evening, heavy metal. I hit fast forward one song as often if the list was left in the middle of a song it will finish it before starting the new list. However no matter how much I fast forward it stays in last night's heavy metal rotation. What gives? This is my favorite feature. It is occurring on my phone and every other connected device in the house which I listed below. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Motorola Moto G Stylus, Fire Stick, Android TV, Google Chrome, Echo Dot 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Welcome to the thread @Medlir and @Gavino10478, and thanks for the details @jesibelle!

Could you test and let us know if you're able to view the playlist with the correct title in the Web Player and if it's playing the correct songs? If it's possible, try in a different browser and let us know if Spotify behaves any different there. 

It'd be great if you could send us the exact Spotify versions you're using on the devices you're experiencing these issues on, as well as include the devices' OS versions if you haven't already.

To help us further investigate and understand what exactly is happening, it would also be very helpful if you could send us some screenshots or even video recordings of how things look life from your end. You can attach them via the Insert Image/Video options in the post editor and if the video is too big - we'd suggest that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't have this problem on other devices but in my Polestar 2, the daylist in the library updates but when I try to play it, it plays the last version of the list played. It happens with other playlists sometimes but usually a long press on the first track clears this. But for Daylist, I think that right now I've been stuck on the same list for the past few days.
I cleared the cache today and that didn't help.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

The algorithm that populates the daylists seems to be fundamentally broken. I get a list that includes “jazz saxophone” or “jazz trumpet” and I can almost guarantee that I will not hear sax/trumpet being played on any of the tracks. This has been through at least four different daylists and several hours of listening.

I have this issue as well. Sometimes mine are completely off. Like it’ll say “you listen to jazz on Saturday here’s some metal”.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Those who haven't sent the info @Ivelina asked for previously, make sure to do so. We'd like to take a closer look. 

Thanks!

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Ivelina. I'm using Spotify on Polestar, version P 3.0.3 (on Android Automotive OS 12) but the problem started before that and I can confirm it was noticeable in Polestar P 2.14.3 and maybe before (Android Automotive 11 I believe). 
The Spotify version was 4.4.1.0 until 30 minutes ago and I just updated to 4.4.2.0, still the same issue (I had hoped the update would flush whatever is sticking in the memory somewhere but clearly luck is not my strength).
Hopefully this helps because it can get quite annoying while driving.

I cancelled my spotify membership and no longer use the service due to multiple bugs such as this. Hope this gets fixed someday.

I'm having the same issue. I think it started recently, but I just started using the daylist feature.

The issue only exists for me in the web browser. And it happens in any web browser. 

I see a daylist but am unable to play any music from it.

Instead, when I click play, an entirely different daylist plays.

The daylist I want to listen to is 'daylist - serious television soundtrack late night' but instead,

if I open my music queue I see an entirely different set of songs from a list called 'suspense requiem friday'.

If I click the play button on any given song in the daylist - nothing happens.

devinvincibility_0-1722056196636.png

Web Browser Screenshot

When I use the app I only see the playlist that is listed in the queue. The daylist, in this example, with the track "Vim and Vigor" does not exist in the Spotify app.

devinvincibility_1-1722056488832.png

In-App screenshot

Hope this helps.

Hi @devinvincibility,

Welcome to the thread and thanks for the screenshots!

Before we continue further, it's worth mentioning that once you begin listening to daylist, you’ll have access to that specific playlist for a few hours. If you’re still listening to that specific daylist, you can continue listening. But if you navigate away, you’ll come back to an updated daylist. In short, you can keep listening to their exact daylist and when you navigate away from the playlist, it will update to the refreshed daylist.

Could you be navigating away from the specific daylist and that's what's causing it to play different music on the Web Player? 

If anything else comes up in the meantime, let us know 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I'm not trying to listen to a specific or older 'daylist'. I'm attempting to listen to the most recent up-to-date version of the 'daylist'. The daylist displayed in my web browser (or any new web browser) plays songs from the other list.

Hey @devinvincibility,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Since the issue seems to happen when using the Web Player only, would you mind trying on the Desktop app to see if it makes any difference?

Also, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer. To do so, you can follow the instructions mentioned in this post.

Lastly, would you mind confirming if the computer you're using is a work computer? We ask this because some companies and administrators may have some restrictions applied to it that could affect the proper behavior of the Web Player. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks Oscar,

When I use the Desktop app I get an entirely different playlist from what I see in the web browser. My first post also had screenshots and a description of what I see in the web player vs. the desktop app (the phone app shows the same as the desktop app). So, it seems like it's specifically an issue with the web browser.

Thanks for the suggestion of clearing files. Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.

This is a personal computer.

EDIT: I tested this on a second PC and I'm seeing the same issue in the Web Browser there as well.

Hey there @devinvincibility

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account? 

On another note, we'd suggest that you clear your browsers' cache and try again. If that doesn't do the trick either, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens? You can create a hotspot on your phone and use that.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

Thanks Eni,

I've cleared my cache again, I've tried in Edge, Firefox, and Brave both in and out of incognito mode with the same results. I've tried on multiple internet connections at this time.

I'll work on testing with a second account when I have a chance.

Suggested posts