Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Hi! So the Spotify 3th deleted all of my songs except the last 9 album what i downloaded. Why spotify deleting my songs randomy?? This happened with my brother and my friend(he has android device). Is this a bug? I really hate download again 4000 songs.

Anybody can help to me?

Sorry to my bad english

Kristof

7 Replies

Hey @mogyi003,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

There haven't been any official reports of downloaded songs being deleted for multiple users.

So, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on your device, following the steps from this Guide. This will assure that all app data is cleared and you're running the latest version of the app.

Note that all your downloaded content needs to be redownloaded roughly every 30 days, since that's the shortest run of the Premium subscription.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same answer every time. IT'S YOUR APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been happening for years and you guys play it off like it's nothing. This has been happening to me as well. You close your responses super quick so nobody can respond. It's not our devices, it's not we have 3 devices with downloaded music. It's your app that you guys are not fixing. If you have rewrite code spend the money to do it. We spend money to be able to download music not for you guys to remove it from our devices.

At this point I need a solution because this really pissing me off. I keep having to download my 2000+ songs every time. 

Hey @jeggers12

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

Would you mind letting us know what you've already tried so that we can give you better suggestions?

Also, could you send over your device's make, model, OS version and Spotify version? We'll investigate what might be causing the issue.

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Phone: Iphone XS

Version: IOS 14.3

Spotify Version: 8.5.93

-Reinstalled application

-Cleared cache

-Restart of the phone

-Updated application

-Updated phone

Not sure there is much more I can do from my end. This is on the application level. Now you guys have a work around but you rely on that workaround of reinstalling the application. To be straight forward it's a Tier 1 response just like rebooting a computer to fix an issue. It a temporary fix nothing more. We need a permanent fix and the fact that less 3 hours ago another person posted the same issue makes me think that it's on your end not on the user's end.

Hi again @jeggers12

Thanks for getting back to us and sending this info. 

We'd like to test a few more things in order to take a deeper look into this. Could you try logging into your account using a different device to see if you can replicate it?

We'd also recommend making sure that you're not using any battery saving/task killing apps, as these could interfere with Spotify's cache. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

You do understand that Spotify is doing nothing to solve this long running issue? They really don't care as long as they keep the appropriate number of subscribers. If you want music offline get an iPod😉

Hmmm, ever since I brought this problem up I haven't had the same issue. You just need to speak up and don't settle for they just care about subscribers. I'll keep an eye out for the iPod, just let me know where to ship it😉

Suggested posts