Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Inconsistency Between The Search Area and The Previous/Next Buttons

[Desktop][Playlists] Inconsistency Between The Search Area and The Previous/Next Buttons

Hi,

Here is the issue I mean to bring up regarding the bug I found:

I wanted to listen to a song by Cem Adrian, a Turkish musician, and searched for his name on my Liked Songs list while I was listening to other songs on the list.

To listen to other songs on the list, I cleared the search area. Thus the list automatically refreshed with all songs I liked. So far that's fine. I continued to click the next button. I noticed that the songs by Cem Adrian played in a loop instead of moving on to the next song on the list. It seems there is an inconsistency between the search area and the previous/next buttons that should be fixed by your developers. So that songs can be played in different cases like only a filtered list regarding to searching or a full list.

By the way, I tested the case with different musicians on my list. It's the same issue as the above one.

Please see the screenshots I attached. I hope my feedback will help you. Please let me know if you need to have any additional information.

Best Regards,

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_3.png
1 Reply

Hey @f_varli,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know this is not an inconsistency, but that's how the queue works, so let us add some insights 🙂

If the you're listening to a specific playlist and you filter it to find a specific track, you should add the song to the queue in order to keep the original queue that was set when you start to play that playlist.

Nevertheless, if you want to search for a bunch of songs by the same artist within a playlist and play them in the order they show up, you'll just need to hit play while the filter is on, so a new queue will start based on the songs in that filter. This works the same as when you're listening to a playlist and then go to an album and play a song from the album; after that the app will continue to play the songs from the album. If you add the song to the queue, this wouldn't happen.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts