Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads are synced and set up perfectly, but still wont play.

Downloads are synced and set up perfectly, but still wont play.

I've been downloading local files to my computer and syncing them to my mobile device for a while now and I know for a fact that I've done it right. Even two of my saved songs that I saved a while ago play perfectly fine on mobile. But after a while of being able to do it fine, my past 3 songs I've tried to add using local files just dont work on mobile. I download the mp3, put them into my music folder, put them into my playlist, sync the playlist. On my PC I can play the songs fine. they dont appear greyed out or anything. On my iphone, the songs are not greyed out but when i go to play them it just skips it. It opens up for a second like its about to play and then the little tab goes back down and its as if i never pressed play. I've looked up solutions and nothing helps. Im at my wits end trying to figure this issue out for about a month now and I just cant get the songs to play.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8, PC

Operating System
Windows 10

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi @emotional,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

If you're having issues with the playback of your local files, please try running a clean reinstall on the desktop app. 

Create a new folder somewhere else on the PC and move the local files there. Then, install Spotify again and select the new source folder. After this, try to synchronize the playlists again on your phone. Does it work now? 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately that didn’t work. I believe I tried it before but I tried it again just in case. 

Hey @emotional,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It's a good idea to try with another internet connection to see if that makes a difference.

You can also check the steps mentioned in this thread to see if anything changes.

If that doesn't help, you can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts