Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dragging songs into playlist doesn't add on the first try

Dragging songs into playlist doesn't add on the first try

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Dragging a song to a playlist will sometimes show the "Added To Playlist" banner notification, only for me to open the playlist and find it hadn't been added. Dragging it a second time usually fixes this, but this means I have to drag and drop twice every time to ensure my songs are actually being added. 

Initially I thought this was due to the large size of the target playlist (~3700 tracks), but the issue has occurred on much smaller playlists as well. 

This started happening for me a couple months ago. Doesn't seem to be any issues on the iOS app, only on desktop. Anyone else?

5 Replies

Hi @neue,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Whenever there are issues with the app, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall. By following these steps you will delete all old cache and leftover data that may be affecting the app. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you open the Web Player and check if the same happens there? 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is this the Spotify response to say "we have no idea what this could be" because it seems whenever something is broken with the app the advice is to reinstall the whole thing and lose the thousands of downloaded songs we've got cached. 

This happens to me intermittently too, on different macOS devices. At the very least the app shouldn't report that the add was successful if it's not there.

Even if the re-install fixes it this time, the only true solution is to try to double-add all songs via drag & drag just in case our installation is due for its next complete re-install.

I’ve witnessed this too some months ago, as well as today again. So I can confirm it is still present. 

Makes me very paranoid and untrusting of the app and Spotify’s software engineering skills in general. 

I agree, this issue wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if the 'fake' confirmation message wasn't displayed.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you tell us on which device this is happening? Please include your OS version and current Spotify version.

It would also be great if anyone could make a short video capture of the issue. You can attach it to your reply (Less than 5MB) or send us a link to a platform like Youtube.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts