Free

Country

U.S.

Device

WebPlayer

Operating System

null

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a question regarding the fact that all my previously playable songs on my Spotify-created playlists are now unplayable and greyed out, but I can play the greyed out playlists from my Library without a problem and the playlists magically become ungreyed. Help?

Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (61).png
14 Replies

Currently experiencing the same issue with my premium account. Have to use Chrome to listen and can't download third party apps. on my work computer.

All my playlists are playing as normal but can no longer select specific songs or pause /play anything unless I use the pop-out window option or directly from the Library.

I do have AdBlock, could that be causing my problem?

I'm also experiencing this. It's fine if I want to play from a playlist since I can just hit the clickable "play" button, but it makes my Favorites/Liked Songs list (which is what I primarily listen to) completely unplayable.

For the record, it's not an issue of cache or cookies or anything like that, since I use spotify in a private browser at my work.

Same problem for me! With all playlists, the ones that I made or the ones that Spotify creates are all greyed out 

It works fine if i select the playlist from my Library, and play it from there but from the playlist view it will not let me do it.

I can confirm the all of the above issues are correct. I have a premium account. I can play the entire playlist/album from the play button on the playlist/album art. If I click into the playlist or album everything is greyed out. I cannot play an individual song. This goes for podcasts, individual albums, and playlists. This IS NOT a country issue, I don't want to hear that excuse. This is a very annoying issue. This needs to be fixed. I attached some examples. FYI I've cleared my cache as well. That's not an excuse either... Fix...

image.png
image.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We just came across this thread.

Can you start with trying a different internet connection?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try from a different web browser to see if the issue persists?

On another note, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for  your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, i have been dealing with the same issue for the past a few days. I am not having any problems with the app on my phone or in the web player but however there is a problem in my macOS spotify app. I tried almost everything. The things i tried are:

-different internet connection(tried it with hotspot too but still no luck)

-a clean reinstall of spotify

-restarting my computer

-logging in/out twice in a row

-deleting the prefs file

-i checked the offline mode

The annoying thing is that one second everything is normal, i can play any song i want but the other second everything is greyed out. It just happens in every 1-2 minutes and it stays greyed out for a little while. I just don't get why it happens all of a sudden.

Hey @merclh44,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

We see you've done some extensive troubleshooting here, great job! Still there are a few other thigs you could try:

• Logging in with a friend's or a family member's account on your laptop
  • Checking if this happens only with playlists, or with albums or your Liked songs as well

Le us know how it goes, so that we'd be able to locate what is causing the issue.

Can you also confirm if this is still occurring for you and you can reproduce it consistently? If yes, then please send us a quick video or a screenshot of what you see on your Mac device. 
Along with the video, please share with us the exact version on your MacOS, and the Spotify version you have.

Thank you!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I tried to log in with a different account and everything worked fine.

But the problem still occurs in all of the playlist and albums and liked songs in my own account. 

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

MacOS Monterey

Version 12.5

Both Spotify and Mac seems up to date.

Thank you for the help.

Hey @merclh44,

Thanks for your reply and the provided video!

If this isn't happening on other accounts on your device, then this could be something account related. In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and give you a hand with this situation.

Don't hesitate to reach if you have more questions.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I have the same problem. The greyed out songs are only on my laptop app. On my iPhone the songs disappeared from the playlists. On my laptop I can still see them but greyed out, and I can't play them.

Please help, I've had this problem for over a year now...

Hey @MarleneP 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

In order to not repeat ourselves cold you let us know if you've tried any of the troubleshooting provided in the thread by the other mods.  We would suggest to try with a different account for starters to see if the issue will persist. Are you unable to play one or multiple songs, is it one artist or from different ones. The more we know the better. 

Let us know how it goes.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts