Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit content is turned on but not working

Explicit content is turned on but not working

I was trying to listen to a song and discovered  it would not let me. It said i wasn’t allowed to listen to explicit content which Ive never had a problem with. I went into my settings but it was turned on. Ive tried restarting phone, logging out and in, and turning it off and on. How do I fix this?

1 Reply

Hey @khartm1

Help’s here! We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

In case the explicit content filter doesn't work for you as expected you might need to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the affected device. This will help you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

Another thing worth trying is disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your phone. You can also try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Suggested posts