Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having trouble linking local files to the mobile app.

Having trouble linking local files to the mobile app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone)

Operating System

(iOS 13.4.1)

My Question or Issue

I recently converted an mp3 file on my computer by following the instructions from another page and uploading local files. However, I can't seem to make the song/file appear on my mobile app, even if I follow the directions on that post. What I do is create a new playlist on my computer and add the local file to it, but when I view it from the mobile app on my phone, I can just see a playlist without any songs in it. I have also done all of the recommendations outlined in another post, which included hotspotting my phone, logging out and back in, etc. Am I just overlooking something or is this not going to work?

3 Replies

Hey there @timcundall16

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

It's a good idea to try changing the source location of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files to your mobile device again. 

Also, check out this help page for further tips on how to manage your local files. Here you’ll find useful info on format requirements and permitted file sources.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

You won’t see the songs on mobile if you have enabled hide unplayable songs in settings. Even if the option is disabled you still have to flip the download switch to sync the songs to your device. 

Did the trick - absolute legend

Suggested posts