Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hearts Hidden on Liked Songs.

Hearts Hidden on Liked Songs.

I have come to the realization today, after updating Spotify for the first time in a week, that you can no longer see the green hearts on the left side of a liked song. The only time it becomes visible is when you select the song, as you can see in the screenshot provided. I have no idea if this was intentional to improve performance or possibly a mistake. I just added a few songs to a playlist and can't remember which ones exactly I added. The CTRL + A feature would have worked to select all the songs, if only it did work. That feature also appears to be removed or broken. I don't want to reinstall Spotify as I have more than 4000 songs that are downloaded on my Desktop and would like very much too keep them downloaded. If anyone has any information regarding my current situation, your help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Screenshot_106.png
Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

@DuncanDavids 

For more info on this change and to post your feedback, check out this post:

The ♡ Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

When you click on the (+) Plus button on a song in the desktop app, the song will be saved to your Liked Songs. The only difference is that now you can quickly tap the (+) Plus button again to add the song to your other playlists too! When you tap the button again, you'll also see the other playlists that the song has already been added to with a green ✔ Check icon.

• The green 💚 Heart icon has been replaced with a green ✔ Check icon

• The green ✔ Check icon shows up next to the songs that are saved to Your Library on Album and Playlist pages. The green ✔ Check icon will not show up next to songs when you view your own playlists. However, if you hover over a song in your own playlists, the green ✔ Check icon will show up and you can click on it to add the song to other playlists.

• When you see a green ✔ Check icon on a song, it means that it has been saved to Your Library. A song added to either (or both) Liked Songs or one of your own playlists counts as being saved to Your Library. Before with the heart button, the green heart icon meant that the song was saved only to your Liked Songs.

If you are using the Web Player in the browser, you might not see the new (+) Plus button experience yet, but it will be rolling out to the Web Player soon as well.

10 Replies

Yup, just stumbled upon the same issue of CTRL+A no longer working.

You CAN get around it by clicking the 3 dots in the top left and then going Edit>Select All but that is beyond annoying

mofuuji_0-1701634544028.png

Hey folks!

The shortcuts for select all, delete, copy and paste currently don't work but this is being worked on backstage and will be fixed promptly.
The main thread regarding this can be found here.

And @DuncanDavids, sorry to see you've been experiencing this issue.
What I'd suggest in this situation is either clearing the cached data or performing a complete clean reinstall of the app.
Naturally, you wouldn't want to do any of these as they would both remove your offline songs.

For the time being, I'd suggest you log out and back into the app twice in a row to trigger a manual sync of all your settings.
In case the issue persists, I'd wait out the next app update to see where things go and try the suggested workaround by @mofuuji in the meantime 🙂

Hope this gets resolved without the need to remove any offline songs.
Keep us posted on how things go!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The part where it doesn't show the liked songs is a design decision. So this is how I think it works:
- That checkmark is not as same as the old heart. It doesn't show "liked", it shows "its in your playlist" or not. That is not useful at all for the users that mainly use a playlist instead of discovering new stuff. An absolute downgrade, and it's not even in the settings.
- If there is a plus button instead of a checkmark, that means it's not in any of your playlists, and you can click on that to add to "liked" playlist. That part works as same.

it also has these effects,
- The checkmark only shows when you hover on a song instead of always showing it. (that's bad)
- If you are on your playlist, every song will have a checkmark because they are on your playlist. That makes it just dumb btw, why have that checkmark if I am already on my playlist? What purpose does it have anyways? Imagine putting a button that shows only checkmarks because that's your playlist, so every song in there are "in your playlists".

My desire is to either be able to turn it on/off from the settings or have both "heart" button and "add to playlist" button there. The change is just inconsiderate and disrespectful to playlist-only users.

@DuncanDavids 

For more info on this change and to post your feedback, check out this post:

The ♡ Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

When you click on the (+) Plus button on a song in the desktop app, the song will be saved to your Liked Songs. The only difference is that now you can quickly tap the (+) Plus button again to add the song to your other playlists too! When you tap the button again, you'll also see the other playlists that the song has already been added to with a green ✔ Check icon.

• The green 💚 Heart icon has been replaced with a green ✔ Check icon

• The green ✔ Check icon shows up next to the songs that are saved to Your Library on Album and Playlist pages. The green ✔ Check icon will not show up next to songs when you view your own playlists. However, if you hover over a song in your own playlists, the green ✔ Check icon will show up and you can click on it to add the song to other playlists.

• When you see a green ✔ Check icon on a song, it means that it has been saved to Your Library. A song added to either (or both) Liked Songs or one of your own playlists counts as being saved to Your Library. Before with the heart button, the green heart icon meant that the song was saved only to your Liked Songs.

If you are using the Web Player in the browser, you might not see the new (+) Plus button experience yet, but it will be rolling out to the Web Player soon as well.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

At this point anything just to see what songs are liked and which songs are not. This information helps a lot, thank you very much. 😄

Hi Vasil,

Thank you for letting us all know, I am well aware of the shortcuts being worked on. As my issue is with the liked song’s hearts not appearing on the right of the song unless selected.

I do agree, I wouldn’t want to lose all of my offline songs. I will try to sign out and in 2 times in a row and see if that might fix the issue at hand.

I will reply here if the issue persists but will still wait for the next update. 🙂

I completely agree with you. I need to know which songs are not in my liked songs playlist from a playlist I created. It seems quite redundant to make a whole bunch of playlists for different genres and not being able to know if some of the songs is not in your liked songs. I need a hub that connects all of the genres, which is my liked songs playlist. If they had the on/off toggle option for that feature, it would be of great use to some users. I would like to toggle it so that I can see what songs are liked and which are not.

We will have to see what comes with the next update.

Hi MattSuda, 

Thank you kindly for giving me that information. I am struggling to get all of the green checkmarks to show up when I am in a playlist or even my own playlist. As the green checkmark only shows up for me when I select the song. I personally don’t want to have to go through a couple thousand songs clicking each one to see if they are liked or not.

As Vasil said, the issue of the shortcuts are being worked on and would most likely be fixed in the next update. As mofuuji showed, there is a select all feature when selecting the 3 dots up top. That in return might be very useful.

Thank you once again for bringing this information to me, I kindly appreciate it. 😄

The default green indicator should be whether the song is "liked" or not, not if its buried somewhere in the library among potentially hundreds of playlists, or there should just be a separate visible indicator for liked tracks, it is not a difficult feat to accomplish. Can manage when going through an album or small playlists, though it is still extremely inconvenient because there is no quick at a glance indicator, but good luck with a playlist that has hundreds or thousands of tracks.
Sometimes it makes you wonder if the devs actually use the software they are developing or do they just wing it ?

"Spotify's engineers are working on it, and it will be returning soon"... A year later and they didn't implement the feature again... Then ¿How do I quickly see which songs are liked within a playlist now in 2024? Was that feature permanently lost?

Suggested posts