Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete duplicate favourites without loosing the original song/song's position?

How do I delete duplicate favourites without loosing the original song/song's position?

Plan: Premium, UK

Device: Mainly iPhone 7

Operating System: iOS 15.3.1

I've had Spotify premium for about 3 years now and I use my favourites to store, well, my favourite songs. It's quite important to me that I can also see the dates that they were saved too.

About one/two months ago I accidentally selected all my favourites and unfavourited them, and had to reset them via customer service - not sure if this is relevant.

Since then I've had no major problems until today when about 100 songs (most of which I had previously liked) got added to my favourites for no reason I can figure out. Of course, I could just delete them - but then this means I lose the original song in my favourites and a lot of these songs go back two years+ so losing them would be detrimental. It may be worth mentioning that these songs are flagged as being added in January 2022, however as I mentioned is quite confusing as this change happened today (March 2022) and I cannot understand why.

If anyone could give some advice that would be greatly appreciated. I've not had problems with my favourites until recently - which are not consistent on laptop app, phone app (phone app being the most accurate but with this problem) and laptop web.

Perhaps if someone could show me how to restore favourites that would help but maybe it would not - I do not know as I have no idea why this has happened. I also did not favourite a load of albums in Jan 2022 either. If providing photos of the mobile app would help I would be happy to do so as this issue is quite hard to explain.

Thanks.

5 Replies

Hey @fqriewiings,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just to make sure, by "favorites" do you mean Liked Songs (the one's you "heart" in the app) or a personal playlist you made with the same name?

In any case, if you see content, that you don't recognize or don't remember adding to your profile yourself, it's recommended you check the steps in this article to secure your account, as it might have been compromised. You should also check your Account Page and remove any apps linked to your account that you don't recognize. That way you can prevent this from happening in the future.

Hope this helps. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes - I did. 

Sorry for the belated response.

My issue now is that I want to backup my liked songs (ie not a playlist but my hearted songs) but my mobile version is the only version that displays my liked songs in the correct order. I've tried logging in and out but it's not changed anything, however I'm cautious that I want my web liked songs to be the same as my mobile's, not vice versa.

Are there any suggestions? I've unlinked my Spotify account from any websites that may have altered my liked songs.

Thank you.

Hey there @fqriewiings,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say that the Liked Songs on your mobile appear differently from Desktop/ Web - do you mean that there are a different number of songs or that they're arranged differently? 

On Mobile if you sort your songs by Date Added they will only go from newest to oldest, whereas on Desktop, you can sort them by oldest to newest as well.

Some of the songs in your library may have been re-uploaded to Spotify due to request from license holders, in which case the original track might be delated from he platform or there might be a duplicate with the same name, but different metadata. In which case the songs might not appear with the same Date Added in your Library, and unfortunately there is no way around this, since the app would treat the new versions as a different song, even though it may have the same title/ artist etc.

It would be helpful if you share some screenshots to clarify how things look on your end. We'll do our best to help out further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for the long reply.

Both mobile & web are sorted by date. I'll attach some photos now, but basically mobile is working as it should (even when i sign out and sign in again) but every other platform shows my favourites in order until the 19th of Jan, when it looks like I added all the songs in (which I didn't as some songs date back to 2019). It might be worth me mentioning that around this time I had to contact Spotify customer service to restore my favourited/liked songs. I've also logged out and logged back in multiple times on Spotify web, mac app and windows app to no avail. 

Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 12.25.16.png
IMG_8728.jpg
IMG_8729.jpg

Hey @fqriewiings,

Thanks for the reply.

If our support team has restored the liked songs for you, then the old order was lost and the timestamp when the songs were restored was taken as the new date. This is not an exact science, so the date results may vary.

At this point there isn't much left to do about restoring the previous order of the liked songs.

If you see entries in your library, which you can't account for, we advise you to follow the steps proposed by @Yordan.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts