Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I play Spotify audio books on Alexa?

How do I play Spotify audio books on Alexa?

I've linked Spotify in my Alexa app according to the directions provided by Spotify and I can't get it to play my Spotify audio book. I've tried saying both "read" and "play" "on Spotify" and neither works. I also can't find any option to launch the audio book on Alexa the way I would with Audible either, so I'm out of ideas.
6 Replies

Hey, 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if it doesn't work only when you use voice commands? Does it work if you start the audiobook playback on another device, like your phone or computer, and then play it through your Alexa device picking it from the Connect list?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the quick response. It seems the problem is with launching via voice commands. Previously, no devices were showing up in my phone device list, but today I can see them. I'm not sure what changed. Unfortunately, I can't select any of the Alexa devices from my phone without a Premium account (which I do not have). I was able to launch the audiobook on an Alexa device from my computer. So why can I launch on Alexa from the computer and not the phone without a Premium account? I own the audiobook, shouldn't that be enough to choose where I play it?

Hi there @rhyolyn,

Thanks for the reply.

Free Spotify accounts have limited Connect access, and this is most likely why you're having trouble playing on other devices, like Alexa powered speakers. 

Audiobooks are a new format that is currently being tested. The feature and functionality of Audiobooks will be improved over time. We've passed on your feedback about this connectivity issue with Alexa on to our development teams.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, what I'm wondering is if you can by just using voice commands so if anyone can help please do 🙏

Hey @LWTLS,

Thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, there isn't such an option so far but I wouldn't give up hope 🙂
As @Alex has mentioned, Audiobooks are a new format that is currently being tested. As such, the feature and functionality of Audiobooks is expected to be improved over time. 

We're here for you should any further questions come to mind. 
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

so would it be possible to create a routine on the Alexa app that starts the audio book via a voice command? If so, how?

Suggested posts