Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop recommend songs from playing and go back to playlist

How do I stop recommend songs from playing and go back to playlist

I don't know if this is on purpose for people that don't have premium, but once my playlist ends it starts playing recommend songs. I don't mind that but when I try restarting my playlist again to listen to it again it just pauses the recommended song and doesn't let me play my playlist. It's real annoying, and I've even tried playing a nother playlist and going back to the one I was listening to but it just starts playing the recommended songs instead of my playlist.
2 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

In general, if you're using the Free version of Spotify on your phone, and your playlist has less than 15 tracks in it, the app will automatically add new songs to the playlist so that its runtime increases and you don't get the same songs twice. This feature cannot be disabled.

Premium users have access to the Enhance playlist feature, which automatically adds similar songs to their playlist as long as the feature is turned on. It's possible to turn it off by clicking on the Enhance button at the top of the playlist.

Something else that's worth checking out is if the Autoplay feature is toggled on in the app's Settings and toggle it off. Autoplay continues the playback with similar songs once your current music finishes playing and this makes the app think that your queue is expanded. What you can do is start a new playlist, which will clear the songs from the Autoplay then go back to the old one and start it from the beginning. 

More info about Autoplay can be found here.

Hope this clear things up,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have a premium account and have started getting suggested song with a little green badge next to them appearing in the middle of my playlists. How do I turn that off? Autoplay didn't help

Suggested posts