Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you remove artist messages from wrapped?

How do you remove artist messages from wrapped?

I don't want the "artist thank you" messages interrupting the music every time I play wrapped 2021... how do I remove them?

Top Answer
Rathaniel
Casual Listener

A quick solution is to create a new playlist for Your Top Songs 2021, go to the playlist Spotify made you, ctrl+a, drag and drop into the playlist you just made then remove the Artist videos.

20 Replies

i would love to know also... if anybody is able to find an answer, please let me know as well

Deffinetly need a way to turn those off. I appreciate it playing once but NOT EVERY TIME. 

I pay for premium and get a nice ad from my "favourite artist" interupting my music, thanks spotify.

Hey folks!

Thanks for asking about this on the Community.

Right now it's not possible to remove the artist greetings from the Wrapped playlist, but we'll forward your feedback about them to the relevant teams here. We appreciate you taking the time to report this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not an acceptable answer. The team needs to enable removing these messages (or just delete them all, from everybody's lists, on a certain date). Paying for premium then having your music interrupted by these messages is a terrible experience.

They are slowly becoming "not my favorite artist anymore."
It is nice to turn the artist visible doing so but one time is enough, and we would like to have an option.
Since this is a playlist created by Spotify, at least we should be able to copy the whole playlist without these repeated annoying messages.

A quick solution is to create a new playlist for Your Top Songs 2021, go to the playlist Spotify made you, ctrl+a, drag and drop into the playlist you just made then remove the Artist videos.

Absolutely horrid idea to not make these a one-time-thing. It makes us loathe the artists. Are they informed at all???

That's not really a solution though. If I look up my playlist or look at my homepage, I see the wrapped playlist, regardless, this shouldn't be an issue that we have to find workarounds around. 

Rathaniel you are absolutely right, I was not aware I could just create a new playlist in my desktop app, ctrl+a select all from "your top songs 2021" and drag all the songs there. funny thing is the artist messages don't copy. Made my day man, literally.

Can you at least change them so they can be skipped - forwards and backwards? The song before an artist message came up and I decided to skip it, got the artist message… changed my mind and decided I did want to listen to the first song but couldn’t go backwards from the message. Very annoying. 

Please remove it, it is annoying AF... 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What answer is this to a clear issue and request?

Please can you find out what is being done to allow these messages to be turned off and report back. I appreciate that might not be possible and, if so, can you arrange for someone who is handling this to post here. Thanks. 

Currently I’m wondering why I pay Spotify to listen to ads I don’t want. 

Hey @Surrideo,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, these 'thank you messages' aren't ads, and currently can't be turned off. However, as mentioned above, we appreciate your feedback on this matter and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

BTW it's super annoying that paying premium you basically forced ads for artists on us.

The best solution is to use the desktop client and copying all the songs to a new playlist, that won't copy the ads, just the songs.

With respect this is a fairly disingenuous line. It’s content we can’t opt out of that’s promoting a product (Spotify wrapped). 

Hi,

thanks for taking the time to clarify how you view these mandatory messages. I respectfully disagree.

Like others have said here these messages aren’t thank yous, they are artist based ads that can’t be turned off, deleted or otherwise selected by a premium customer.

Given this, it’s forced content, and this forced, repeated nature of the content is the part that leads to it being an unwelcome user experience. what I’m asking for here is freedom of choice.

thanks for passing the feedback on, that is good of you to do so. Hopefully it will be acted upon so those that want to keep these messages can, and those who do not can remove them. 

Most of the songs on my 2021 wrapped I have played so much, I thought my ears might fall off if I played them again. It's nice having friendly messages woven in there. It's not hard at all to create a new playlist incorporating the music tracks only.  By opening 2 Spotify tabs then splitting them into 2 windows. Now it's simply a matter of dragging each track across.

My messages have disappeared at a time when I want them the most,  for my own new year's playlist.  I'm probably the only one crying because they've gone. 

Suggested posts