Premium

Country
US

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps deleting the info of my playlist "Life is Strange lofi mix", and they're always making up excuses that it "breaks the policy rules".  Literally nothing about it breaks the rules.  There's nothing in the description, the playlist image is 100% fine, and the name is acceptable.

Why is my playlist constantly getting the info removed for no reason? It's annoying.

4 Replies

Image.

Untitled.png

Hi there @phobafett,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We're not sure if we get the situation correctly, so would you mind to share a bit more details on what exactly happens on your end? We can see that there is info (description line) present below the title of your playlist - this is visible on the screenshot you have posted. Does this happen only with this list, and does it occur instantly or over a period of time? Maybe sending us a short video or screenshots of the messages you receive from the app, would be of great help so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Be aware that some playlists might also get reported by other users and this is something outside of Spotify's control. Reports of this kind usually affect the cover image and the title of a playlist. If you think this playlist of yours might be a victim of false reporting, here is an idea where users vote for a feature change that might bring a solution to this issue. You might want to add your vote and follow the feedback about that topic there.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here is an image of what happens, every time it gets reported for having "inappropriate or offensive content".  NOTHING about my playlist is inappropriate, nor offensive.  I am sick of constantly having to remake the playlist's info.    And yes, it ONLY happens with this playlist in particular.  It doesn't happen with ANY of my other playlists.  Just this one.   It's been happening ever since I made this playlist.

I made this playlist on April 6th, 2021.  It's been constantly attacked since then, for no reason at all.  It needs to stop.

{snip - moderator edit}

Untitled.png

Hey again @phobafett,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for the screenshots.

We've removed a screenshot for your privacy sake, because it contained personal info. As explained earlier, reporting of playlists might be done by other users, so in such situations we have limited influence and control on that happening. However, we can suggest to file an appeal and object this situation. You can do that by replying to the email you have received, as it's mentioned there.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts