Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find all the Spotify generated Playlists

How to find all the Spotify generated Playlists

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

Hi. Just recently I have seen these small playlists probably algorithmically generated by Spotify that fits my Artist genre and there are many artists listed have a smaller number of listeners. I am very interested in finding more playlists like these!  Instead of waiting for them to show up in my recommendation is there a complete index somewhere of Spotify generated playlists that I can browse through. I looked at Spotify's user profile on the app and they only list a handful, unfortunately. 

9 Replies

Hey there @DoomNation,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

They will appear in the Made for You section, based on your listening history. You can find more information about this in this article.

We hope this information was helpful. 

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy! Thanks for the reply! I know what you are referring to with the mixes. Those are indeed cool, but what I'm referring to are actual Spotify Official Playlists that just started showing up in my recommendations like these:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX8oyW0kIcHwJ?si=ZNEqFGvcRbSOa1jNd8t89w&utm_source=copy-l...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX7FZ0seRPYZR?si=WyZwaEYTRSax3arHyOU_kA&utm_source=copy-l...
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXdY10ErGskQi?si=IEsF6UPaTf6Kb7cxf4SzCA&utm_source=copy-l...

Are these algorithmically generated or 100% editorial. It doesn't seem like a stretch for smaller guys like me to get on. There's probably tons of them

Tonight's Mix totally Mega Sucked though. Brought up a bunch of songs from artists I've had on block for the longest time, and haven't streamed them for well over a year.  I thought I was clear of these guys, one just showed up in FAL, it's like wth. They're part of these listener engagement pods. Musical spam.

Actually the whole list refreshed after I hid the tracks. That's intuitive. Pretty cool

Hi again @DoomNation,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

The playlists in your screenshots are editorial, while different mixes are algorithm-based .

All playlists that's created by our editorial team can be found on the Spotify link in the playlist. You can also go to search - made for you to see all the mixes created just for you.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yeah, I stumbled upon "Background Mix" which is "Made for [me]" but it doesn't show up in Search->Made For You. How do I find all of these?

Hi there @MikeStirner,

Thanks for the post.

Some playlists like the "Background Mix" won't be accessible through a specific category. These mixes get automatically generated for you based on data that the app has gathered about your music preferences. Some users might see this mix, and some might not. 

If you search for "Background Mix" you should see the genre specific Background mixes as well. These include things like "Background Electronic Mix" and "Background Beats Mix".

In general these special playlists will appear on your Home Page when you open the app.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you go to the search bar and put in "picked just for you" hundreds of "made for you" playlists will pop up with all varying in moods and genres 

Hi Jeremy - where exactly is the " Spotify link in the playlist"? could you provide a screenshot please? All I am trying to do is find only editorial playlists by Spotify (Classic Rock) and not have to scroll through 1000s of personal classic rock playlists. It would be great if one could just select the name of the creator of the playlist within the genre.

Hey @emjay99,

Thank you for joining the conversation. 

The Spotify link @Jeremy was referring to, is the one you can find below the playlist's description as you can see in the attached screenshot. If you click on that link, it will lead you to the Spotify profile. After that, you can click on the "Show all" button next to the Public Playlists title and it will display a list of all editorial playlists currently available. 

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts