Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to grant write access to collaborative playlist?

Solved!

How to grant write access to collaborative playlist?

Hello,

i have a collaborative playlist which others can read but not write.

See my explainations here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeGAoGuRso

Link to playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/52dPksa6NZ91s3GTv6oZyo?si=fd49e3b1f98348d0

How to give write access?

Thanks - Enomine

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@ziegledn, would you mind trying to follow the steps again, but this time twice in a row and sharing the second link to see if that makes the difference? 

@Enomine88, thanks for the clarification. We can confirm that editing a collaborative playlist's content and permissions isn't currently possible on the Web Player. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @Enomine88

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on your PC to make sure you have the latest version installed. 

Afterwards, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

- click on the 3 dots above your playlist

- choose the option "Invite collaborators" (this will copy the playlist's link)

- share the link with the other user

After following these steps, the other user should be able to edit your playlist. 

Let us know how it goes.
EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. There appears to be multiple other posts on the Community this week saying the same thing. I have completed the steps above but others are still unable to add songs to the playlist. Please advise. 

Thanks
-D

Hey @ziegledn,

Thanks for the reply!

Could you try the following:

1. Go to the playlist in question and open it.
  2. Underneath the playlist name you should find your profile's name + all other users whom you've invited as collaborators via the aforementioned steps. Tap on your profile name and a list of users should appear.
  3. Tap on the three dots next to the user's profile, then tap Make collaborator.

If you don't see these options, please share a screenshot with us which shows how things look on your end so we can investigate further.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Yorden,

I invited collaborator by sharing a link. 
I completed the steps above. All the people invited are already all listed as "collaborators" but are unable to add or delete songs.

See screenshot below:

ziegledn_0-1648816320274.png

Thanks,
Ziegledn

Hello @Eni

the report of me does not adress the usage of the windows or mobile-phone app. I adress the usage of a browser, as you see in the youtube-video.

In browser we are unable to add songs to collaborative playlists.

in windows app or mobile-phone app it works fine.

Seems like programmers forgot about this feature in browser.

Thanks - Enomine

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@ziegledn, would you mind trying to follow the steps again, but this time twice in a row and sharing the second link to see if that makes the difference? 

@Enomine88, thanks for the clarification. We can confirm that editing a collaborative playlist's content and permissions isn't currently possible on the Web Player. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

Suggested posts