Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to upload local files as podcasts to include 15s skip/rewind buttons?

Solved!

How to upload local files as podcasts to include 15s skip/rewind buttons?

Hi there,

I like to use Spotify's brilliant local file access feature to be able to upload personal playlists for audiobooks and podcasts for which I have the MP3 files downloaded on my computer, but my issue is that local files get registered as song tracks rather than podcasts.

In Spotify podcasts, the listener can skip both forwards an backwards by 15 seconds, and their progress through episodes is tracked. And if the listener gets distracted, the skip/rewind buttons are extremely helpful. They would be a great feature to also have for my local file podcasts.

Is there a way to edit the format of my MP3 files for Spotify to recognize them as podcasts? Or another way to incorporate those 15-second skip/rewind buttons?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good day @Mike8487 

I totally understand what you mean, the rewind and skip buttons on podcasts are real handy.

Unfortunately, no such feature exists on the app at the moment.

Not all hope is lost though.

This idea which is virtually the same as your post has been posted under Idea Submissions. 

What you can do is head over there and leave a VOTE+ so that the idea is hopefully implemented soon. 

Good luck and take care. 🎧

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Good day @Mike8487 

I totally understand what you mean, the rewind and skip buttons on podcasts are real handy.

Unfortunately, no such feature exists on the app at the moment.

Not all hope is lost though.

This idea which is virtually the same as your post has been posted under Idea Submissions. 

What you can do is head over there and leave a VOTE+ so that the idea is hopefully implemented soon. 

Good luck and take care. 🎧

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As others replied, looks like this problem has no solution. Someone even made a request (linked in other reply below), but looks like it was denied.

I tried creating a new one, please vote for it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/mark-local-files-as-podcast-to-add-skip-15-s-buttt...

Suggested posts