Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can no longer go to artists in the library and find downloaded songs

I can no longer go to artists in the library and find downloaded songs

I can no longer go to artists in the library and find downloaded songs. This is a major disincentive to using Spotify. It seems such a simple and logical feature to have and was my main way of using Spotify. If it doesn’t change I will probably delete Spotify. 

2 Replies

Hey there @Conall123!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try logging out > restarting your device > logging back in to see if that makes any difference for you? We'd recommend doing that 2 times to force a refresh.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache.

We'd recommend preforming a clean reinstall with the steps here, that should help get rid of all of the stored data on your device.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

If your issue persists feel free to send us a screenshot of what you see when you try opening Your Library and let us know on what devices you experience this.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Elena,

I logged out , restarted and logged back in twice, but no change to visibility of recently downloaded songs.

Songs (and Artists) downloaded some time ago are all still there, but anything I've downloaded over recent months just don't appear in the artists list.

Looking on the community questions and answers pages, it appears that other people have the same issue.  The suggestion is that it is a change/update to the app that is causing this.  Could that be correct?

I'm very reluctant to delete and re download all songs due to the number of songs and the data this would use.  To be honest I would simply stop using Spotify and try other options unless I was very sure it would mean was sure I could go back to searching for artists.

Regards,  Conall

Suggested posts