Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't delete an empty folder

Solved!

I can't delete an empty folder

Hi everybody,

for years I have an empty folder in my playlists. I cant delete it. All I can do is to create new playlists in this folder. How can I get rid of this folder? I tried everything that come to my mind.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from germany

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8, 2x Notebook)

Operating System

Latest availabe Android, Windows 10

20200421_213126.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! 

That sounds a bit strange. Have you tried to delete it from your Desktop device, if not you can give it a shot. You can also try to rename the folder and then try to delete it again. I have no problems in deleting an empty folder on my Windows 10 app.

If that doesn't work for you, you can reply back and I'll try to find an other solution for your problem, thanks!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! 

That sounds a bit strange. Have you tried to delete it from your Desktop device, if not you can give it a shot. You can also try to rename the folder and then try to delete it again. I have no problems in deleting an empty folder on my Windows 10 app.

If that doesn't work for you, you can reply back and I'll try to find an other solution for your problem, thanks!

Hey,
thank you dor your awnser. I tried it again to delete it in the win10 desktop app and via Android app. It worked via Win10 😄
Strange but great.

Hey, I am glad this worked for you : )

That's probably because you can't create folders from Mobile devices, so you also can't delete them.

I have empty folders in my library that I cannot delete. Have tried on both mobile device (pixel) and computer (chromebook). Help please? 

Hey there @tarabull78,

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest restarting both devices and logging out and back in to your Spotify account. Then try deleting the folders again.

If that's still not possible, follow these steps on how to perform a clean reinstall. This will make sure you get a fresh copy of the latest Spotify app version. 

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ya see i dont wanna completely clean my spotify

I have the same problem with 3 of my playlist folders. I did a clean reinstall on my mac and it still seems to have the problem. I'm not sure what to do next since I've tried all the other suggestions, but hopefully something will work.

Hey @olivertaberner1  and @charlotte36, hope you have a splendid Friday out there! 

I am almost sure you'll have no problems to delete the folder from the Web Player, so give it a shot if you can. Also, have you tried to rename the folder? Give it some simple name as test or deletefolder, then try to delete it again.

Hey there folks,

@MartinStoichkov is right - you should be able to delete the folder using the Web Player.

Also please note that you can only create and delete folders using the Desktop (Windows/ Mac) app and the Web Player. Chromebooks run the Android version of Spotify, so you won't be able to perform these actions from there.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried all of these solutions, and none have worked unfortunately- any other sugestions?

Hey @kittykandy1186,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you give us a bit more info about the devices you've tried this on (such as model, OS version and Spotify version) and send us a few screenshots or a short video illustrating the issue?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Been looking for Spotify to add this for years to mobile… is it that hard to make it so that you can create, delete, and organize folders on mobile? It’d be like 10 new buttons added to the UI at max lol. 

It just doesn't work. Deleting a folder/playlist from the web app is never working. I can remove songs, but once a playlist of a folder is created, it is completely impossible to remove it.

I've tried this on the mobile version of the app, but it's the same.

Is it because it is now part of a premium feature as well?

Suggested posts