Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In a large playlist I can add a song multiple times.

In a large playlist I can add a song multiple times.

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

(Windows Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

In a large playlist (300+) I can add a song multiple times.
With smaller playlists I get a question if I want to add a duplicate.
This question is what I want for the larger playlists. To avoid having duplicate tracks in it.

8 Replies

Hi there @cryppy,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs on different devices or a specific one?

On another note, does this only occur within one specific big playlist or multiple big playlists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes it happens in other large playlists to.
Good question if it is on all devices. On my mobile (android) it does not happen.

It happens with the web version of the player (using Google Chrome)
I do not know if it also happens with the windows player. I'm at work now, no software install allowed so I'm stuck with the web player at the moment.
Could test it when I'm home.

Hi there @cryppy,

Thanks for the post.

We tried this on our end with Google Chrome and still get the error message when trying to add the same song to a playlist. Can you let us know how many times you can add a song to your playlists before you get an error message.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It does not give the error.. I stopped at 7 times.. 😉

I do not think the popup will come..

Using: Version 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @cryppy!

Make sure your browser isn't blocking any necessary cookies. You can clear the site data for the Web Player and reset the permissions to see if that does the trick.

It's also worth trying with another browser like Microsoft Edge to see if you'd experience the same behavior there. 

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I had an ad-bl;ocker active. Turned it off. But it does not make a difference.

Haven't tried Edge yet.. Because I seam to forgot my password. Will do a reset and try it with edge..

I tried it in edge.. Same result.. 

Hey @cryppy,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info you shared. 

Since it works properly on the Android app but not on the PC you use from work, would you mind checking if it also happens on a personal PC or your mobile device when using the Web Player? This will give us a better look at the issue to see if it could be related to workstation restrictions.

Also, if you have a VPN active, could you turn it off to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, to keep investigating this case, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can see the issue happening. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts