Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there an easier way to repair gray (content unavailable) songs?

Is there an easier way to repair gray (content unavailable) songs?

Edit: I realize now this should probably be on the library board, but I don't know how to move it. Apologies. 

Premium

USA

across all platforms and OSes

I have an eight year old playlist that slowly rotted away as licensing for content has changed out from under it. They show as gray and show a "this content is not available" banner when you try to play them.

Nearly all of these songs are still available in some form on the service if you search for them. It's just my playlist happens to point to an instance that's unavailable. 

I've amassed a good quantity of these songs. Enough so that it'd be a big job to search for each of them by hand and replace the dead instances. Is there a way to fix them up all at once? 

1 Reply

Hi @bentwookie,

Thanks for reaching out! No worries, I've moved the post to the Your Library board for you.

If the songs have been reuploaded to Spotify, they most likely have a different URI than the ones currently saved in your playlist, so you'll have to manually replace them, I'm afraid. The same goes for any local files you had in the playlist - you'll have to remove the old ones and then replace them with the new ones.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts