Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete unavailable local files from my liked songs (I reached my max. liked songs).

How do I delete unavailable local files from my liked songs (I reached my max. liked songs).

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

HP Pavilion

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So, recently I reached my maximum amount of liked songs (which is a whole other problem). I looked into my library and found out that i had some old local files that I had deleted from my computer, so they were not available anymore. 

SenJordens_0-1580921060786.png

I have the feeling that they are still taking up space for my liked songs (I can't unlike them), because when I check my phone I only have 9.911 liked songs and I can't see the missing songs.

I tried to delete it with the web-player, but the songs also don't show up.

Is there any way I can free up this space for my precious liked songs.

PS: am I the only one who is seeing more and more problems with my Spotify lately. Because I have the feeling Spotify is just letting their users solve everything and not helping out. 

13 Replies

I wasn't able to remove a local song from liked list either. Tried resetting profile, tried even adding again the same file with the same filename so it'd become usable again and maybe try to unlike it then, but it still wouldn't work. Frustrating.

Hello @Neo-soulguy and @endrjoo

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, select the songs you want to remove from your Liked Songs and press delete on your keyboard. 

It should remove those local files from your playlist.  

I hope it helps! 

Guess I was overcomplicating things, never actually occurred to me it'd be this simple, lol 
Anyhow, thanks @Emilia_8

Hi @endrjoo

No problem! 

I'm glad everything worked out for you. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Hey @Emilia_8,

In the meantime I already worked my way around it, but this would have been easier. Never thought that it could be that easy.
I selected all the songs and put them in a new playlist. That way I was able to unlike them on my phone.

Thanks for your time.

Hi @Neo-soulguy

Thanks for getting back! 

It's great to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. 

Have a wonderful day! 

I'm not sure if it worked entirely, tho. My Spotify has been a bit of a mess lately (especially when it comes to synchronizing between my devices, but it looks oke for now. 

Spotify shows a different amount of liked songs on my different devices, so that's why I'm not sure.  

Hi @Neo-soulguy

You might have different settings regarding displaying unavailable content on your devices. 

There's an option to hide or display unavailable content:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  • Switch Show unplayable songs off (grey) or on (green) 

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists off (grey) or on (green)

If you still see some issues with synchronizing, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

I hope it helps! 

Thanks so much for your time. 

I've tried to clean reinstall, but the issue is still occurring.  

I know I can hide unplayable songs, but the issue is also that they are taking up space in my liked songs library and I don't know if hiding unplayable songs is going to solve that. 

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as OP but pressing delete does nothing for me. 

I restarted and even reinstalled, that did not help. 

Are there other solutions?

Hello @Deister

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's currently an Ongoing Issue investigated. 

If that's something you're experiencing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and provide there with all the information needed from the Status Update there.

Don't forget to subscribe to the topic as well, so you'll be notified with all the future updates regarding that case. 

You're not alone on this one. I also thought I was the only one dealing with such problem. I hope spotify could do something about this. 

**bleep** thank you so much!!

Suggested posts