Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard shortcuts not responding

Solved!

Keyboard shortcuts not responding

Enjoying the interface upgrades in the desktop app, however it seems like a number of keyboard shortcuts are no longer working for me. According to [https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/keyboard-shortcuts] they should still be mapped to their original key combinations, but nothing happens for me when I try them.

- macOS 11.3.1 (latest public release) on 2015 MBP

- Spotify 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a (latest public release)

- Premium, family plan, UK

Specifically:

- cmd+[ and cmd+]  no longer navigate back + forth btwn views; the interface buttons do work when clicked w the mouse

- cmd+x no longer cuts tracks from a playlist; cmd+c and cmd+v do still work however

- hitting enter no longer triggers a primary button (the green one) in modal dialogues (e.g. 'do you wish to delete playlist? [cancel] [delete]

Anyone else experiencing this? Assume it's a glitch rather than been removed with the interface update...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @213dcdsavfc2r32,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We can confirm that this is currently the expected behavior of the app, so the best place to share your feedback about it is in the thread that @Mihail shared above, which is constantly being monitored by the right folks to collect all your comments and reports, which helps us to keep improving the app

On another note, whenever you need assistance, we can help you here in the Community or you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @213dcdsavfc2r32,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We really appreciate your report and will take it into account when moving forward. We invite you to post any other remarks you may have on the new design in this thread where it's being heavily discussed. We regularly monitor it and pass on your thoughts to the relevant team.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail

Thanks for responding ✌️  Happy to report the issue in the forum you've linked to.

Can you confirm if what I've described is expected behaviour, or a bug please — in which case how can I get technical support to resolve it?

Cheers

Marked as solution

Hey @213dcdsavfc2r32,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We can confirm that this is currently the expected behavior of the app, so the best place to share your feedback about it is in the thread that @Mihail shared above, which is constantly being monitored by the right folks to collect all your comments and reports, which helps us to keep improving the app

On another note, whenever you need assistance, we can help you here in the Community or you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts